Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The last few rides I've been getting an odd pain behind my knee, and wanted to see if any of you guys could diagnose it.

The pain is in the back of leg behind the knee. There are two ligaments that you can feel on either side of the back of the leg when your knee is bent. The pain is between these ligaments (in the soft area in between) and hurts when I climb while seated.

It's never bothered me before, and I've not changed my saddle height, shoes, cleats or pedals. It happened for the first time two weeks ago. After the ride I look 10 days off the bike due to a vacation, and I've ridden twice this week, and felt it again both times.

Any ideas what causes pain in that area?

·
XCdude
1,321 Posts
Follow link to answers, for many things

laffeaux said:
The last few rides I've been getting an odd pain behind my knee, and wanted to see if any of you guys could diagnose it.

The pain is in the back of leg behind the knee. There are two ligaments that you can feel on either side of the back of the leg when your knee is bent. The pain is between these ligaments (in the soft area in between) and hurts when I climb while seated.

It's never bothered me before, and I've not changed my saddle height, shoes, cleats or pedals. It happened for the first time two weeks ago. After the ride I look 10 days off the bike due to a vacation, and I've ridden twice this week, and felt it again both times.

Any ideas what causes pain in that area?
http://www.cptips.com/knee.htm

1 - 2 of 2 Posts