Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Metalheadbikerider
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of days ago I asked a heavy metal band to sponsor me for next season, and surprisingly, they agreed. They are going to make patches for my jersey, but I am wondering if I can even put a patch on lycra. Any ideas? I am going to ask if they can do iron or sew on, depending on what works. Anyone know somebody who has added a patch to their jersey? Or know where I can go to get an answer to my question?
Thanks in advance.

BTW-if you like heavy music the band is Black Pyramid from Mass.
www.myspace.com/blackpyramidkills

·
Metalheadbikerider
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My secret training weapon....

HAL 9000 said:
SWEET!!

stoner/doom metal

is their first record. I think I rely on it more than any other training product. I was doing some big ring hill repeats the other night, listening to the album on my IPOD, and had the crazy idea to ask them for a sponsorship. I don't know of anyone else sponsored by a band, much less a doom band. They are great guys and instantly agreed. :thumbsup:
Great video, btw.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
i normally don't listen to music while riding it's good to just enjoy the ride and your thoughts.

however when doing short intense intervals i do have some hardcore/groove metal/metalcore and hardstyle techno on the i-pod.

as far as the jersey goes why not get a copy of their logo and make your own custom jersey i think voler has a blank jersey that they can put your design on.

·
Metalheadbikerider
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought about that....

HAL 9000 said:
i normally don't listen to music while riding it's good to just enjoy the ride and your thoughts.

however when doing short intense intervals i do have some hardcore/groove metal/metalcore and hardstyle techno on the i-pod.

as far as the jersey goes why not get a copy of their logo and make your own custom jersey i think voler has a blank jersey that they can put your design on.
but my main sponsor is an LBS, so I need to add something to their jersey. The only thing I could come up with is a band patch, which they are willing to do for me.

·
Metalheadbikerider
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got my answer

In case anyone else is looking to be sponsored by a heavy metal or punk rock band, sew on patches are the way to go. There are adhesive patches, but they are much more temporary. Iron on patches would burn the lycra.

·
Metalheadbikerider
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great idea....

LMN said:
Stickers work too.

I know that is what UCI trade teams put on national team kits.
Wash jersey and reapply next sticker. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
back in the 80's when back patches were in style, many simply pinned them on each corner.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.