Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Hueston Woods Trail Crew
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to have a couple demo weekends here is SW Ohio. The last chance for dry, fast, leaf-covered trails and incredible colors at Hueston Woods State Park.

Built up a few more demo bikes which will get their first ride this weekend before they go up for sale.

El Guapo with 36 Talas RC2
Motolites with new Talas QR15 150mm travel
Racer X 29ers
Fireline 29er

A few Redline 29ers for the $$$-challenged among us.

Even have a Pivot Mach Five to try out!

Night ride and free camping tonight and tomorrow. And again next weekend.

513 523-1316 for more info

Attachments

·
I need a new name
906 Posts
Any demos in a small size? I just got an email from my girlfriend that we're making next weekend a 4 day weekend. Demoing some cool bikes would be fun especially when I'll be turning the big 3-0.

edit: just to clarify, the small or maybe xs would be for my 5'3" gf to try. I'd like to get her on a fs bike and demoing a El Guapo and Fireline could help me settle the debate of getting a bigger fs bike, a lightweight ht, or just sticking to my ML.

·
Trophy Husband
3,011 Posts
Bikerbob.com said:
Decided to have a couple demo weekends here is SW Ohio. The last chance for dry, fast, leaf-covered trails and incredible colors at Hueston Woods State Park.

Fireline 29er

Night ride and free camping tonight and tomorrow. And again next weekend.
Would love to see some leaf-covered trails right about now...and ride the Fireline. Instead I'm stuck with this:

Atmosphere Horizon Winter Evening Dusk

PS - Yes, that road is made of ice.

·
Hueston Woods Trail Crew
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ice Road Trucker

GL, Just build up some snow/ice jumps. Could be fun as long as you have studded tires.

Hank-I just sold my last small ML very recently. Not much demand for the smaller sizes, although I do have a few XS and S customers now and then.

I would build something up if she was really interested, but probably not just to see what a FS bike is all about, or to keep you company while you ride the EG.

I would try to get some small bikes from some locals for her to ride if you let me know ahead of time.

Attachments

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
geolover said:
Would love to see some leaf-covered trails right about now...and ride the Fireline. Instead I'm stuck with this:

PS - Yes, that road is made of ice.
Could be worst... I'm stuck in this crappy place....

And no bike to ride!!! :madman: :madman: :madman:

PS... Yes, that's a dirt road....

Attachments

·
Where is my mind?
1,130 Posts
Warp said:
Could be worst... I'm stuck in this crappy place....

And no bike to ride!!! :madman: :madman: :madman:

PS... Yes, that's a dirt road....
OMG Warp! I thought we discussed this. Metaphorically speaking you have to to have the worst case of b-balls ever.

·
Hueston Woods Trail Crew
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Pivot M5 demo

I hope to find a new, deserving home for this Pivot. Beautiful to look at, great to ride.
It's a medium, and I prefer large. Only a brief ride so far, but plans for a few more this week after I set up the sag to suit my weight.
I have some reservations about the complicated rear triangle, and what it would cost to replace (one highly engineered piece!)

I'm kinda ruined by riding the Fireline and RX 29er every day and the medium frame and 26" wheels seemed extra small.

Had a good selection of demos to try out this weekend. Gonna do it again next weekend, and probably adding a ti ML with the new Fox Talas QR15 110-150. (Can't wait for an FTM to try the longer travel fork)

This weeks selection: EG, ML, RX, RX29, Fireline 29, and Pivot Mach 5.

The bikes cost more than double the building I keep them in!

Attachments

·
Hueston Woods Trail Crew
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Lynksey

The Pivot rep still has the Lynskey around if i want it. I like the sandblasted flames on some of them.
This one was plain.

The curved top tube might take some getting used to, as well as the White Bros rigid fork.

I was too intrigued by the Mach 5 to take time to ride the Lynskey.
But if someone is interested in it, I can bring it back.

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts