Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Rides all the bikes!
4,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have an F-Si with a 2.0, running Valor wheels with a 1.0 hub using the offset brake adapter. Is there an adapter for the Ocho that allows the same?

If/when I replace the 'fork', if I have to replace the hub I am just going to go with an RS or Fox. But if I can use the 1.0 hub that came with the Valor's, I'll consider the Ocho.

Right now just a hypothetical. I'm not close to that yet.

·
Scalpel Fan
607 Posts
I currently have an F-Si with a 2.0, running Valor wheels with a 1.0 hub using the offset brake adapter. Is there an adapter for the Ocho that allows the same?

If/when I replace the 'fork', if I have to replace the hub I am just going to go with an RS or Fox. But if I can use the 1.0 hub that came with the Valor's, I'll consider the Ocho.

Right now just a hypothetical. I'm not close to that yet.
If the fork isn't giving you issues, I wouldn't worry about it. Just ride and enjoy the bike. It might fail tomorrow; it might take years.

I don't think the Ocho's quick release brake release mechanism is going to have an adaptor that allows for the non-Max (50) hub, though. I'm 100% guessing, but that seems like a long shot.

FWIW, my 2.0 on my Bad Habit is my favorite Lefty I've owned, TBH. It rides miles better than my carbon SL110 or carbon XLR on bikes I had before. Just a really smooth fork... and no issues durability wise over 500mi of riding... neither of which I've been able to say about the older forks. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Rides all the bikes!
4,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If the fork isn't giving you issues, I wouldn't worry about it. Just ride and enjoy the bike. It might fail tomorrow; it might take years.
COntrary to popular opinion, my 2.0 has been fantastic. I've got 3000 miles, mostly racing, on my F-Si. Other than the weight, the fork has been my favorite. Only thing better is my new Ohlins Coil, but, well, you can't compare.

I was just wondering in case something happens and it fails. The frame is still good. I don't plan to let it go any time soon. THough, it is my GF's right now.

Only Lefty 60.
That's what I figured, thanks. I might rehoop the Valor's to another bike then.

·
Scalpel Fan
607 Posts
COntrary to popular opinion, my 2.0 has been fantastic. I've got 3000 miles, mostly racing, on my F-Si. Other than the weight, the fork has been my favorite. Only thing better is my new Ohlins Coil, but, well, you can't compare.

I was just wondering in case something happens and it fails. The frame is still good. I don't plan to let it go any time soon. THough, it is my GF's right now.

That's what I figured, thanks. I might rehoop the Valor's to another bike then.
Good to hear!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.