Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Any one know the specs, going to replace a DPS performance with a DPX2 Factory and want to get another set of mounting hardware for the shock.

Thanks
Paul

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,359 Posts
This is the 2020 Orbea Occam blue paper with specifications: :)

According to that (Page 1) it is:

Shock Length (eye to eye): 250mm
Stroke: 50mm

Shock Hardware (front triangle): 8 x 21.844 mm
Shock Hardware (rear triangle): 8 x 15.748 mm

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm,
I'm wondering if those measurements are the bolts as described in the blue book size as Orbea part - Y0000134 and seen here:

What I'm after is the parts that go into the shock eyelets, pin/orings/bushings and the like.

The top eyelet appears to be a 5 piece flanged bushing as described on the fox racing website:

Not sure how this is described, my assumption was hardware mounting kit? Is it eyelet hardware?

Thanks

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
So after talking to a UK bike retailer and measuring the current DPS performance shock eyelet hardware I have gone with the following:

803-03-245 Fox Rear Shock Mount Hardware M8 x 16.46mm
803-03-165 Fox Rear Shock Mount Hardware M8 x 21.84mm

Will be interesting to see is the 16.46 is right or the 15.74? Retailer didn't have anything in the 15mm size.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah not sure i have much faith in Orbea.
I remember them telling me the M30 eagle came with a XD freehub body....yet had a NX cassette!
Then also said on the occam fAQ webpage that the occam wouldn't take an electronic groupset..so i asked why I couldn't install the sram AXS (if I had the money)...they then changed the FAQS
Same website has max tire width as 2.3 yet blue paper has 2.6.

·
Registered
5,359 Posts
The safest way with Orbea is to actually measure the parts yourself with a digital caliper if you have them to hand. They can be remarkably inaccurate with the specs in their manuals!

The mounting bolts you linked (Orbea shock hardware kit) shouldn't need replacing as you would use the bolts that came with the frame for the new shock also.

The parts needed would be what is in these kits.

Kits come with:

• 2 x Fox Low friction Igus eyelet bushes
  • 1 x hardware axle
  • 2 x axle spacers
  • 2 x hardware o-rings

The parts in the Fox kit for fitting a new shock are the Igus bushings and axle that press into the shock eyelet. If you scroll down to the 5 Piece Flanged Bushing instructions on this Fox page it shows how to fit and remove them: :)

Eyelet Hardware Maintenance | Bike Help Center | FOX

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers for the advise, had done exactly as you suggested and measured with digital caliper. Fingers crossed I have ordered the correct parts, will see in a couple of days upon arrival and let everyone know.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Very interesting and makes sense after what I've found.
That spacer he talks about in the blue book 11.2, on mine it was on the bolt on the outside of the frame as it were, do you think that's right? It not suppose to go on the inside is it to widen the eyelet pin?
Would be hard to put it on that way I'd guess

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Happy to report my measurements and those advised on here are correct. The blue book is incorrect.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts