Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im always looking for something new to ride and love exploring. Please share your experiences on some obscure rides in noco. Ill start: Trap park off of long draw road near cameron pass, the wilderness boundary skirts the valley so that snowmobilers can enjoy this area in the winter. The ride is relatively short but interesting, steep in the beginning then cruising thru a high alpine valley with lots of boggy areas and stream crossings.

Anyone ever ride hidden valley trail in co state forest, upper dadd gulch, stuff in upper buckhorn canyon, stuff on the east side of the zirkels outside walden, rock creek in the medicine bows, these are on my list, others?

·
slow
7,490 Posts

Attachments

·
"Oldfart from Wayback"
1,683 Posts
afox said:
Trap park off of long draw road , hidden valley trail in co state forest, upper dadd gulch, stuff in upper buckhorn canyon, stuff on the east side of the zirkels outside walden, rock creek in the medicine bows, these are on my list, others?
I've done a bunch of those rides. And many more, but high on the list of trails I need to check out, is Arapaho Ridge at the S end of North Park. It looks like you can link a few trails there to definitely get to "epic" status.

You can spend several days up at the Snowy Range for some nice Alpine riding besides Rock Cut.

There's a couple more trails up near the top of Poudre Canyon that don't get a lot of MTB traffic

·
trail waggler
1,425 Posts
Uhhh...

Just do the north side from Buckhorn...if you like to have fun...just say'in...:)

·
pain intolerant
745 Posts
Roaring Creek trail. I haven't ridden it yet, but hiked it a few weeks ago. Ideally I think you'd park at the TH and ride up Hwy 14 and link to the top of the trail via jeep/ATV roads. The first mile from the TH looked to be about 90% hike-a-bike if you were to try to ride up it. The remaining 4 miles looked like incredible riding in either direction. I'm thinking it would be about a 20 mile ride (some above 10,0000 feet) if you did it as a loop. If the jeep/ATV roads are in decent shape then it has micro-epic potential. I'm hoping to give it a shot in August and will post a report.

·
Registered
5 Posts
onbelaydave said:
What trails are these? The bottom pic looks kind of like the american lakes with the nohku crags in the background.

I have been looking for some more trails higher up in poudre canyon that are not jeep roads. These last few pics have me very interested.

·
hikebike-bagpeak
341 Posts
Besides Arapahoe Ridge, for more extreme NE trails east of Steamboat Lake and Hahns Peak I would recommend the Hare, Manzanares, Wyoming trail between WY border and Seedhouse Rd. Sorry no pics while I haven't learned the technique of turning large jpgs into something that would fit in a message on this forum.

·
drinks from the fountain
391 Posts
Y O U are ALL Wrong!!! There is nothing to ride up here. The pics posted by OBD are obviously photo shopped.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Wow... those pictures above look amazing. The only ride I have done that reminds me of these is monarch crest.
I would love to join someone on some of these rides this summer.. I am a teacher so if any is looking for a riding buddy any day of the week just let me know!!

·
!Vamos, flaco!
1,364 Posts
sl3807 said:
What trails are these? The bottom pic looks kind of like the american lakes with the nohku crags in the background.

I have been looking for some more trails higher up in poudre canyon that are not jeep roads. These last few pics have me very interested.
I'm pretty sure those are the crags and the 3 miles of singletrack up to those lakes is about the only bikeable single track high up in the Poudre Canyon due to the various wilderness areas.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts