Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WARNING if your obese this thread might offend you! My young daughter and I have thursday night date nights where we go to different places for dinner. She loves the Olive Garden so we went there tonite. I could not believe the morbidly obese people there stuffing their grills with excess calories! It was sad, these people are killing themselves. The other sad part is my health insurance is sky high because others cant control themselves.

·
Your Best Friend
5,457 Posts
It's getting that way at every restaurant you go to. Fat people everywhere! Sometimes I would just like to walk up to them and whisper in their ear "this is why you're fat!"

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
12to29 said:
WARNING if your obese this thread might offend you! My young daughter and I have thursday night date nights where we go to different places for dinner. She loves the Olive Garden so we went there tonite. I could not believe the morbidly obese people there stuffing their grills with excess calories! It was sad, these people are killing themselves. The other sad part is my health insurance is sky high because others cant control themselves.
Look at you and how pleased you are with yourself. You rock!

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
My wife and I plate share at most restaurants and still have food to take home. It's pretty ridiculous how much food these places serve.

My theory is that you can double the quantity of food and double the price, but it is more than doubling the profit. That's why restaurant portions have become so big.

·
spec4life???..smh...
1,091 Posts
Why dont you eat YOUR meal and let them do the same. Maybe they feel putting themselves at a higher risk (i dont understand why everyone assumes everyone who is heavy is unhealthy) for illness is worth it to just kick back and enjoy food.

Im 145 pounds and I love to eat..granted i put in a couple hundred miles a week on the bike..

·
Registered
348 Posts
These people put a tremendous financial burden on our health care system and there is no end to it. I see these obese people everyday laying on hospital beds. They can't even turn themselves because they're too fat. We have to order a "special" bed for them to help prevent pressure ulcer. It sucks to see all the added cost to care for these people. I have no sympathy for these people whatsoever. These people are abusing themselves. With all the political correctness and the feeling of entitlement, there is no ending.

·
Registered
348 Posts
We shouldn't but we are. I piss me off everytime i see these obese people roll in. It requires at least 4-6 people to transfer them from the stretcher to the bed. Sometime we even use a "fork lift" the move them. Really people? when do you start telling yourself that you're too fat and need to watch what you eat and exercise. Stop abusing yourself!!!

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I'm a bit taken aback by the self-righteousness and lack of compassion in this thread. Normally I'd come up with some sarcastic response (like earlier in the thread) but yeesh, do you really walk around life with so much bitterness and hatred in your heart? Maybe you should look at yourself and ask where you went wrong.

[And incidentally, what does this have to do with racing? Aren't there a million other places on the internet to ***** and moan about freeloading fat people?]

·
Registered
748 Posts
flargle said:
I'm a bit taken aback by the self-righteousness and lack of compassion in this thread. Normally I'd come up with some sarcastic response (like earlier in the thread) but yeesh, do you really walk around life with so much bitterness and hatred in your heart? Maybe you should look at yourself and ask where you went wrong.

[And incidentally, what does this have to do with racing? Aren't there a million other places on the internet to ***** and moan about freeloading fat people?]
I agree, my comment was my typical sarcastic humor.

I actually decided not to ride for a local shop after talking with the owner a bit. His introduction included "I don't like fat people. I think they're lazy."

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
flargle said:

No hatred in my heart! I am saying that food for some is an addiction like booze or drugs! My doctor told me the main reason why we pay so much for health care is because people can not take care of themselves (booze and drugs also)! What was very disturbing was one huge couple allowing their two young huge kids to stuff their faces also! If I has the power i would have arrested them for child endangerment.

·
Registered
413 Posts
"I'm a bit taken aback by the self-righteousness and lack of compassion in this thread. Normally I'd come up with some sarcastic response (like earlier in the thread) but yeesh, do you really walk around life with so much bitterness and hatred in your heart? Maybe you should look at yourself and ask where you went wrong."

I agree. Blame smokers, blame big people or, like the Nazi's, blame the Jews. Just don't blame yourself for anything.

Larry

·
Banned
19,198 Posts
Never have put this many people on ignore in one thread before.

·
mnoutain bkie rdier
2,823 Posts
So, everyone who is obese has a mental illness? Does everyone who spends money well beyond their means have a mental illness? Do all kids that don't perform well in schools have a learning disorder? When does it stop? When will we stop making excuses for EVERYONE, and mtfu in this country?

Can't we admit that there are simply just a ton of very irresponsible people in this country looking for any excuse they can find to justify what they have done or are currently doing that is detrimental to the future of our country?

Note: If a certain person suffers from an illness or had a terrible childhood etc, then I TOTALLY understand and have sympathy for them. Everyone else.....nah.

America has become PC to a fault. Most educated foreign countries would agree that it is going to come back to bite us...pun intended;) Complacency is a dangerous thing.

And....he steps down from soapbox..

1 - 20 of 117 Posts