Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been riding OHMR for over 25 years. I haven't been up since last year's fire. I heard the trail is closed somewhere between Holm's Place & Aetna Springs.

Anyone been there recently?

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I've been riding OHMR for over 25 years. I haven't been up since last year's fire. I heard the trail is closed somewhere between Holm's Place & Aetna Springs.

Anyone been there recently?
Pursuant to a deal made with the surrounding land owners when the trail was opened to the public, that area is closed through the local hunting seasons. The web should have dates somewhere - ask da google.

·
Inspector Gadget
Nor*Cal and I like bikes
1,190 Posts
I’ve ridden the entire trail from Calistoga to Aetna, it’s 99% rideable. There’s some low hanging dead trees, branches etc and a couple downed trees with a path cut through. Scenery is very different in places with no brush blocking views.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
324 Posts
The hunting season closures on the Aetna Spring side were in place long before the fires so nothing has really changed. Most of the trails up there are fine and nothing is really closed per se. Been riding up there quite a bit since after the fire and in many ways it's running better than and with more options than before the fire. One of the middle option sections had a bit of spot that was washed away into the ravine last year. Since it's a little more on the XC I don't run it often so i'm not sure if it got shored up into a rideable state. Even then it was just a 10 ft section where you had to walk your bike down and back up onto the trail.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.