Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question. We are headed to Oakridge with a large group this weekend. While most of us will be biking, there are a few that are opting to hike instead and shuttle our cars:D Can anyone recommend a few nice trails with good views or other interesting features for the hikers? Preferably something towards the upper end of the middle fork for Saturday (Timpanogas area).

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
14,506 Posts
thorkild said:
Quick question. We are headed to Oakridge with a large group this weekend. While most of us will be biking, there are a few that are opting to hike instead and shuttle our cars:D Can anyone recommend a few nice trails with good views or other interesting features for the hikers? Preferably something towards the upper end of the middle fork for Saturday (Timpanogas area).
Indigo Lake is a beautiful little lake at the base of Sawtooth Mtn. It's about a 5 mile round trip beginning / ending at Timpanogas Lake. Bring a gallon or two of deet.

If the hiking contingent wants a stunning view, they could continue beyond Indigo Lake to the top of Sawtooth Mtn., but this would be an all day hike.

--Sparty

Edit: shig & I posted at the same time! Great minds think alike, as do ours.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
urbansaint said:
hey man my bro and i ware gonna head up to oakridge from roseburg, i heard its 16 miles of singletrack! is it sick?
Ummmm...oookay...there is ~300 miles of singletrack around Oakridge.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
Snake Muesl said:
Do the Moon Point shuttle. The hikers could hike out to the rock outcropping and back, then maybe drive up to Warner Lookout for a look about.

A hike through the burn section near Chuckle Springs on the Middle Fork should be in order:
The riders would then want to continue on the Middle Fork or they would be waiting for the hikers. I bike going down the trail can beat a driver to the bottom.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We may do moon point on sunday. It's my favorite ride there. I have only biked from campers flat down on the middle fork, so I am looking to get the upper section done this weekend rather than pay the extra at MBO. Its all good down there though!

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
thorkild said:
We may do moon point on sunday. It's my favorite ride there. I have only biked from campers flat down on the middle fork, so I am looking to get the upper section done this weekend rather than pay the extra at MBO. Its all good down there though!
the top part of the MF fromTimp is my favorite section.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Excellent. I was debating on whether to go all the way to Timpanogas or to start where the 2153 road crosses. If you are driving to Timpanogas, is it better to take the 2154 or the 2153?

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
14,506 Posts
thorkild said:
Excellent. I was debating on whether to go all the way to Timpanogas or to start where the 2153 road crosses. If you are driving to Timpanogas, is it better to take the 2154 or the 2153?
Both roads work. 2154 is more popular and therefore more washboard. Personally I prefer 2153... better views of Diamond Peak on the way up and I just like the road better, perhaps because it's "the road less traveled."

--Sparty

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I am from AK, so we're pretty skeeter savvy. I agree the skeeters in the Waldo area are bad, but AK is an entirely different level.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts