Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm lookin for a new pair of shades. My Rudy Projects are gettin' utterly annoying, and keep breaking. I really like the look of the Oakley Splice series of glasses.

Does anyone own a pair, and how are they as far as tough-ness, looks, comfort, and fogging over while riding. Also.. do they look cheesy for "casual" wear... because I wanna be able to use them for double-duty.

Thanks in advance...

-Matt

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Zero

I just got a pair of the new Zeros and they are really good shades I think. I have been a 0 fan for years and was pretty bummed when they took the .6 off the market several years back but was able to glom some off eBay to help out but the new models are a great replacement. I personally like the way there is no frame around the lenses which makes for a really good view without any tunnel effect. Having been a low light lense fan for years I find the Oakley persimmon just right, even living in sunny Colorado for the last 12 years. The new stems are much stronger also and the whole system is much stronger than it looks. Check em out.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
The splice is actually a casual design and not really ideal for cycling or any sport really. Much like the X-metal series, Juliets, etc they are pretty cool looking but are too heavy for riding glasses. Stick to a plastic frame which is lighter and stays in place better. The Metal oakleys will feel like they will slip off when you look down due to the weight and they are not designed to breath very well so the will accumulate sweat around the frame. Look for something like the M-Frames or Half Jackets. They are far better suited for the job.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.