Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
EDR
10,502 Posts
My local eye shop ruined my Flak 2.0 frames. My prescription lenses are not milled to the same width (too thick) where they insert into the frame as Oakley lenses so now they won't hold regular Oakley lenses. Had to buy a new pair. They said that if I had sent them to Oakley to fill the script this would not have happened.

If you prefer glasses with a full frame than you won't have to worry about it. I like the versatility of the Flak's and others like them.

·
Short-Change-Hero
6,534 Posts
Definitely another vote for SportRX. Used them the last few years and they have been awesome, great customer service, good pricing, and they work fast. Was always worried about whether or not the shop would be good seeing as you mainly have to send them your frames to have everything made. But I have used them twice now without a single issue.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I think mine are similar - prescription Carbon Plates. Mine are going on 5 years old and have seen plenty of unpampered abuse.
My dailies and clear lens are Carbon Plates. Had a hard faceplant snowboarding this past Feb which has me reconsidering my riding glasses which are Flak 2.0�s as mentioned. Reason is i was using new style �rimless� googles which gave me a good cut on face, 9 stitches. Fortunately the Carbon Plates are full frame and just gave me a black eye. I personally know a rider who had older half frame Oakleys years ago who crashed and also had his glasses gash his face. My next pair of riding glasses might be full frames.

·
Ride Fast Take Chances :)
3,637 Posts
I have used the Oakley flak jacket XLJ for almost 10 years and I love them. Flak 2.0 have a bump on the side that pops out into your vision and that bothered me. I went back to the regular Flak jackets. I have 4 pairs 3 sets of polarized and i clear. You can get different color rubber kits so you know which ones are which.

·
EDR
10,502 Posts
Yes you can get any lens tint. They look pretty close to normal Oakleys, just thicker.
My prescription was with the iridium dark black color on my 2.0s. they look like normal sunglasses except thicker as mentioned. Keep in mind if they have two different sized and shaped lenses For many of their frames. Regular and XLJ. The xlj have more coverage towards the bottom. I have both regular and XLJ but actually prefer the larger xlj, they're not too big if you know what I mean

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.