Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
'18 Transition Sentinel
1,004 Posts
double lenses (clear) model

KavuRider said:
and changing lenses is a snap!
I have the anti-fog double-layer lenses model (clear only) of this. (And, not planning on taking on/off nose guard.)

Is the way to replace double-layer lenses the same as single? (Mine's getting some scratches, so eventually I'll have to replace it.)

Also, is the double-lens model different from the single-lens model, in terms of the goggles "frame" spec? Meaning, do I assume that the width of the groove inside the frame to hold the lens is different for double (wider) vs single (narrower) models? (YES/NO?) If that's true, I wonder if it's not compatible to occasionally install a color lens (single layer only) in my double-lens model frame? (Would it be too loose-fitting, per the wider groove in frame?)

Thanks for the info in advance,
- PiroChu

·
trail fairy
9,546 Posts
Yeah crowbar's are nice, I have a pair but I'm sorta over Oakley I picked up some Smiths cause I needed roll offs for our wet nasty DH season last year and I'm blown away by the fit with my Helmets and quality of the lense's, I got three with mine, only one mingy one with the Oakley s, Smith lens stay clear, more scratch resistant Ive found and the fit is awesome, very underrated brand imo, and look bad ass, I'm not going Oakley anymore, 3 pairs of gloves fallen apart in months, goggle's are fine but Ive had better experience with Smith so I'm staying put! I like Spy's also! Just my 2c

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Ok... I've finally gotten the nose piece back on, after tons of swearing and 3 cans of beer. If anyone's interested, it really helps to remove the lens first before you even attempt putting the guard back on. With the lens removed, the frame is pretty flexy and that allows you to kinda twist the frame while you place the guard back on. I found it easier to work from the inner tab, out. Start on the left, or right, you place the inner tab in first and then the outer and repeat on the other side. It's still a real b*tch to put the guard back on, but I've found it near impossible with the lens still in place.

I run a pair of Smith Sonic as my regular day to day trail goggles, the smaller size fits my skate lid better than the Oakleys and I'm loving the both of them.
I had a pair of Thor goggles when I was riding MX and probably would've gotten another pair, but the Crowbars just looked so bad*ss in the display case... :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not completely true, I've taken mine off, put it back on a few times.
But its a complete PITA, that will have you cursing and yelling before its done :D

Replacement lenses are expensive, at least the tinted ones are.
Pretty neat, the goggles come with a 3-pack of tear-offs, at least mine did. Best fitting goggle I've used so far.
My son just got some. Father took the nose thing off without thinking. But soon wants the nose thing on. How did you get it back on??? I'm trying to be careful so not to break them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ok... I've finally gotten the nose piece back on, after tons of swearing and 3 cans of beer. If anyone's interested, it really helps to remove the lens first before you even attempt putting the guard back on. With the lens removed, the frame is pretty flexy and that allows you to kinda twist the frame while you place the guard back on. I found it easier to work from the inner tab, out. Start on the left, or right, you place the inner tab in first and then the outer and repeat on the other side. It's still a real b*tch to put the guard back on, but I've found it near impossible with the lens still in place.

I run a pair of Smith Sonic as my regular day to day trail goggles, the smaller size fits my skate lid better than the Oakleys and I'm loving the both of them.
I had a pair of Thor goggles when I was riding MX and probably would've gotten another pair, but the Crowbars just looked so bad*ss in the display case... :D
Thank you for this. I am now the awesome mom for fixing sons goggles. 😊

21 - 25 of 25 Posts