Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've tried doing a search, but came up with nada.
How many of you are running these goggles? I see site after site saying that the nose guard is removable, but I can't find anything on how to remove them. I've tried without success, but don't want to break anything. Has anyone here removed it before? How is it done?

·
Registered
331 Posts
I've got two pair. They're great. I've never tried to take off the nose guard.
It's no problem with a full face, and it keeps your nose warm in the winter.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's not a problem of fit. I'm trying to clean it and there's quite a bit of gunk stuck in the grooves.

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
juanbeegas said:
It's not a problem of fit. I'm trying to clean it and there's quite a bit of gunk stuck in the grooves.
There are 4 little pins that attach the nose guard to the goggles. You have to use a bit of force to get it off. As long as you are careful, you won't break anything. Getting it back on is a PITA though, just to warn you. I had to take mine off, as it doesn't fit with my 661 Flight.

Love these goggles, super comfy and changing lenses is a snap!

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the tip. What exactly should I be doing here? Am I pulling down(when looking directly at the lens) on the nose piece?

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
juanbeegas said:
Thanks for the tip. What exactly should I be doing here? Am I pulling down(when looking directly at the lens) on the nose piece?
The little "wings" on the sides of the nose guard, they snap into the front of the goggles, just under the lense.
If you look closely on each side, you will see the pins that go into the frame of the goggles. Just pull gently on each "wing", one at a time, and it will pop off. It takes a bit of force. Once you see how it attaches, it will make sense.

·
AKA shitbird
2,342 Posts
I have crowbars but I need new lenses. Anyone know of a good (cheap) place to buy replacements lenses?

·
N* Bomber Crew
4,271 Posts
You pull the noseguard out, pulling the towards you.

Basically once you take it off you can't put it back on, just a forewarning. You don't really need it though. I rock Crowbars and a Flight, and you either run the Crowbar's nose protector or the Fight's nose protector. I chose the Flights...

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Raptordude said:
You pull the noseguard out, pulling the towards you.

Basically once you take it off you can't put it back on, just a forewarning. You don't really need it though. I rock Crowbars and a Flight, and you either run the Crowbar's nose protector or the Fight's nose protector. I chose the Flights...
Not completely true, I've taken mine off, put it back on a few times.
But its a complete PITA, that will have you cursing and yelling before its done :D

Replacement lenses are expensive, at least the tinted ones are.
Pretty neat, the goggles come with a 3-pack of tear-offs, at least mine did. Best fitting goggle I've used so far.

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Raptordude said:
Bleh..screw tinted lenses. I'm all about the 3 pack anti-fog Clear Lenses for 25 bucks.
I hear that.

But the Fire Iridium looks cool...and isn't that what its all about ;)

My clear lense is getting pretty scratched up, I'll probably be buying the 3-pack soon.

·
Underweight Rider
439 Posts
I have Fox Main Pro similar to Oakley Crowbars and box says they are made for Fox by oakley. Tried to take off the noseguard, pulled one point out and took ages and a LOT OF cursing to put it back on.......no more takin them off for me next time. Fits well on my Fox rampage DOA helm.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey, thanks to all who helped. It really wasn't that bad taking it out. You just have to twist the goggle a little bit while holding onto the middle of the nose guard and it kinda pops out. The goggle's all nice and clean again, now if I could only get the guard back on... :D

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Crowbars are nice but I set them aside at a race when I muddied them and tried as set of blur B1's. Havent gone back to the crowbars since then and that was last year. Better peripheral on the blurs as well as more up/down vision. Crowbars are great and I liked them better then the rest till i tried the B1's.
Either way the crowbars are still a great goggle!

·
N* Bomber Crew
4,271 Posts
bullcrew said:
Crowbars are nice but I set them aside at a race when I muddied them and tried as set of blur B1's. Havent gone back to the crowbars since then and that was last year. Better peripheral on the blurs as well as more up/down vision. Crowbars are great and I liked them better then the rest till i tried the B1's.
Either way the crowbars are still a great goggle!
I did the opposite. I went from B1s to Crowbars and I don't want to go back.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts