Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

My Secretary and her Husband are looking for some entry level rides for fun/fitness. They are probably looking in the $400-500 range. Are there any good shops out in Brentwood/Oakley that will spend the time to make sure they are fitted properly and on the appropriate ride (probably a hardtail or comfort bike).

Thanks,

Cary

·
Registered
759 Posts
There are only three shops in Antioch (2), and Brentwood (1). Bikes 4 Life in Antioch is my LBS. They stock Trek/Fisher/Lemond. Schwinn City is in Antioch and carries Diamondback/Mongoose. Brentwood Bike Co. is a new shop in Brentwood and I have only been there once just to check them out as we passed by durring a group ride. I remember seeing GT and maybe Specialized bikes in there. The only other choices are the department store shops at Sports Authourity and Sports Challet. All three bike shops have limited stock, but if you know what you are looking for, Bikes 4 Life can order the bike you want, not just what they have in stock. If they are looking for poeple of all levels of fitness/skill, they should check out the Delta Pedelers Bike Club at deltaped.org (or something like that). Good luck to them...more bikers means more bike access for all of us:thumbsup:

·
Fat Guy Riding
877 Posts
Brentwood Bike Co is owned by Chris, former partner at 2 Real Bikes in Brentwood. He's stocking Fuji and GT right now, although his Epic racebike is on the racks and for sale for a SONG if you fit a medium Epic.

·
Premium Member
8,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the recommendations.

To answer impjs, yes there are still secretaries, in my case she types my letters (dictation), makes sure I remember to file and respond to things in a timely manner, and generally keeps me from screwing up to badly. A good secretary is important to an Attorney.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.