Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What type of bike do you ride? I am looking at getting a new bike and wondered what the ideal bike would be for a place like Oak Mountain. 5" FS maybe? Those baby heads at the north trailhead were brutal on my last ride there.

·
Banned
4,348 Posts
Oak Mtn

I currently switch between a Titus Moto-lite and an Indy Fab 29er SS:ciappa: . I like both bikes at Oak Mtn. The Titus handles just about anything you throw at it and the Indy Fab is a totally different challenge. Run what you brung:cornut:

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. Actually, the two choices I have been trying to decide on are a RacerX and a Motolite so that's cool. My hardtail left a lot to be desired at Oak Mountain.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I think those 2 are a matter of riding style and preference than the trail needs.

Do you want plush and fast downhill or a Little more harsh but active and fast steering? Both are fast steering bikes for the category but the RX is definitely not a soft bike and steers liek a hardtail in the twisty stuff.

·
Banned
4,348 Posts
Get the Motolite. It is an awesome ride. Climbs like a goat. Great on the down hills. No problems with rocks. GO GET ONE

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
EDDIE JONES said:
Get the Motolite. It is an awesome ride. Climbs like a goat. Great on the down hills. No problems with rocks. GO GET ONE
I coudl say the same about my Racer X 100. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
EDDIE JONES said:
That's the curent plan. Might follow it up with a Racer X if I can get a good deal later this year or early next. :D Everyone has great things to say about both.

·
thats right living legend
6,360 Posts
soslow said:
That's the curent plan. Might follow it up with a Racer X if I can get a good deal later this year or early next. :D Everyone has great things to say about both.
Wether you get the RX or Moto-Lite your gonna feel like you made the right decision. I ride a ML but the RX would be a hot bike for OM. A singletrack assasin that will no doubt increse your times doing the loop. Than again if you go with the Moto it will open up a whole new world to you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.