Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new Giant Glory FR 0, I have developed a creak, at first I thought it was the fork, now I am thinking headset. I has an FSA Big Fat Pig 1.5. I have re-greased it, it sounds like the creak is coming from the lower cup area. I have read that these headsets are tough, but the seals suck and all the grease works its way out in a few rides. I am thinking of upgrading but am trying to exhaust all the possibilities before I start replacing things. Any ideas?

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've isolated it to the crown

I took the fork off with the wheel attached and put side loads on the fork and I was able to replicate the creak, its definately coming from the crown. I dont want to lose the fork for two months while marz screws around with it. I'm going to call them monday morning but I'm thinking I am going to wait until the end of the season and send it back, hopefully I dont have some catostrophic failure or something.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
took them two weeks to do mine - sent it out, they had it for like a day, replaced the uppers (scratched stantion) the lowers (early batch with the loose axles because of miscast lowers, and bushings, then sent it right back

awesome service, if you talk to the right people marz seems to have their CS down well. Its pretty hit or miss though, i've been treated like absolute scum a couple times. I'd try setting it up with the marz tech guy on the board, he knows his stuff and he's a great guy to work with

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.