Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I pick up a grease gun? Lowes, Hardware store etc?
Is there a special gun with fitting?
What type of grease?

Thanks

·
Registered
850 Posts
Turner suggests prepM grease. Any decent LBS should also have it, but youll pay the price. The bent gun looks like a good thing. I have a standard end and I have to take the shock out to really hit the spot.

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
oly said:
Turner suggests prepM grease. Any decent LBS should also have it, but youll pay the price. The bent gun looks like a good thing. I have a standard end and I have to take the shock out to really hit the spot.
You can make your own curved tip. Just get the long straight tip and bend it around a 2-3" diameter can. It worked well for me. No more removing the shock or rear wheel to add grease.

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
steve3 said:
Where do I get the tip from?

I bought my grease gun about a week before Turner started offering theirs and I don't want to pay $25 for another one.
I got mine at my LBS. Maybe they're available online, but I wouldn't know where. Let me know if you can't find it and I'll pick one up and ship it out to you.

Send me a PM.

·
M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
3,584 Posts
steve3 said:
Where do I get the tip from?

I bought my grease gun about a week before Turner started offering theirs and I don't want to pay $25 for another one.
BTi part # DL-1547

I had to get one for my Dualco gun, which contains Phil Wood grease for the DHR.

For the Spot I have the Prep-M tube with the Answer/Dualco tip.

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
CrashTheDOG said:
Didn't Turner mention that they'd be willing to sell just the tip? Not sure, but you might want to check with Casey.
I thought that it was just the opposite. I though that casey only wanted to sell the whole deal.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awesome

Thanks for all the great response, especially Acadian for going the extra mile with the part # :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts