Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
MFin' Princess
5,488 Posts
Yetigirl said:
UN - believeable!
I wasn't so shocked.

He was a really good coach in his prime. But for the past 4 years, eh, not so much. And throwing that three game lead away pretty much assured a major shake up.

But I'm glad they're out of their misery. It was a ridiculously lame year. We had no business being first in the division and were so only because we were lucky enough to be in such a poor division. We would have been blown out this week, or next. I say sooner rather than later and sit back and enjoy a better draft pick.

Oh well. As long as they don't go out and try to hire Dan Reeves I can't say I'll be too concerned.

Go Avs! :D

·
Registered
9,626 Posts
There was a story in todays Rocky, a made-up story between Shanahan and Bowlen. The gist of it was Bowlen asking Shanahan where all the money Bowlen was spending was going, for players not even activated on the biggest game of the year? Shanahan, in that story, kept sayin' "I'll get back to you". I haven't read the link listed but I bet it sez Marty Shotenheimer is the new coach? Yeah? Better read it. And, I'm not surprised, either. 'Bout time.

·
Rolling
11,120 Posts
I guess that means the defensive coordinator is safe this year?

xcguy said:
There was a story in todays Rocky, a made-up story between Shanahan and Bowlen. The gist of it was Bowlen asking Shanahan where all the money Bowlen was spending was going, for players not even activated on the biggest game of the year? Shanahan, in that story, kept sayin' "I'll get back to you". I haven't read the link listed but I bet it sez Marty Shotenheimer is the new coach? Yeah? Better read it. And, I'm not surprised, either. 'Bout time.
Maybe he had Bernie Madoff investing it for him.

·
now in superlight!
130 Posts
I can appreciate that it woud be very hard to drop the guy who helped bring in 2 superbowl trophies and a super sweetheart deal to let us fans pay for 90% of a new stadium (for the benefit of a Canadian trust fund, no less), But it definitely was time- especially since he couldn't rely on his prowess of finding high quality running backs ... at least WE can sleep soundly tonight knowing that Mr. Shanahan has a few mil in the bank to tide him over until the next job!! Good luck to Mr. Shanahan and the Broncos....they may both need it

·
NADS Member #1
39 Posts
Flippin' Donkos

Born and raised in the c&c of Denver 35 yrs.......Shanny was a great coach, not sure where we will find a new 10-15yr coach that will yield a 63% win avg. Shanny will bust out w/ somebody else. He has enough money to actually help buy in as an owner for an NFL team , but speculation suggests that he will find a new gig. Good for him. I used to give him coffee every morning for two and a half years back in the day. Reasonable guy...Mike Martz is avail as wellas a few others. NFL network is saying Cowher won't leave the box for anything less than a "total control deal". Not sure that is the best route.Oh well not gonna lose sleep even though we are season tix holders. "Be a fan not a fanatic" By the way....regardless of who calls the plays...off and def... the PLAYERS still need to perform.

·
hehe ...you said "member"
1,121 Posts
TVC15 said:
I was hoping for Cowher.
Word is that Cowher and the Jets are talking - might make for an interesting bidding war.

My take: the timing of this firing is odd. Not right after the end of the reg/ season - that's a classy move by Bowlen to give Shanny ample opportunity to explore the job market, should he desire. What I mean is why this year? yes, we had a complete meltdown / choke over the last three weeks. But of all the recent years where the Broncos have underachieved, this is the one year I was willing to give Shanny a pass - I mean, they were completely decimated by injuries far beyond the league's norm. The B'cos have been mired in mediocrity for years - did Bowlen just now wake up and realize that the players aren't listening to "the Mastermind" anymore. This firing 4 or 5 years ago would have hade more sense to me than now.

·
Old, stale, negative
800 Posts
Cowher!!! D- fense and we're good to go. New era and I can't wait. More tough guys and less Cutler selfishness. I hope Hillis is OK and ready to pull wait next year. I liked Shanny but am super excited for this new era. Offense is ready, let's cover the D and go win a toilet bowl!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.