Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Formerly PaintPeelinPbody
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any luck with modifying their SolarStorm, Yinding, UniqueFire O-Ring style mount to a more secure clamp style mount that would fit a larger diameter (35mm) bar?

It looks as though Action-LED has a clamp style mount that replaces the O-Ring style with a single bolt, but I'm not sure that mount would fit my 35mm bars.

Any suggestions?

·
~ B A D A S S ~
3,236 Posts
Anyone have any luck with modifying their SolarStorm, Yinding, UniqueFire O-Ring style mount to a more secure clamp style mount that would fit a larger diameter (35mm) bar?

It looks as though Action-LED has a clamp style mount that replaces the O-Ring style with a single bolt, but I'm not sure that mount would fit my 35mm bars.

Any suggestions?
I would suggest you build your own. These oring ones really suck and a potential theif doesn't even need any tools to steal the light!

I have 2 quite expensive lights on their way to me and the first thing I'm going to do is make a new double mount for both of them, one that requires tools if you want to adjust or remove. No flimsy plastic ****.

If you don't have access to a machine shop or any type of machines I would suggest building it from any type of high strength plastic, only thicker, pretty much all good plastics that you buy in slabs will probaby do. Call some machine shops and ask if they have anything laying around, some leftovers. Worst case you have to work with alu, but its still doable with only a cordless drill and hand tools.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts