Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 2402 Posts

·
Self Appointed Judge&Jury
36,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
"The Daily Chuckle"

If everybody post's a chuckle a day this could get pretty funny and brighten everyone's day. My favorite comic strip artist is the Far Side by the retired Gary Larson. I've got several book's of his and just flipping through one can certainly make you look at life a bit different.

Post up a comic strip with name of artist and strip if possible.
The first is from the Far Side with artist Gary Larson.:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
36,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Net I too have alway's been a fan.

·
Content from my avatar
4,355 Posts
I've always enjoyed Bizarro by Dan Piraro. Saw this one the other day.

·
36,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pretty funny Bro, where do you see that strip?

·
36,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Holy Sh!t!!!
Thats me everyday. I have an intense intolerance for the morons and simpletons I work with.
Dilbert is my favorite strip. I make a point out of reading it whenever the paper shows up in the shop break room.
Ha,ha too funny!
It's crazy when you come across a strip that so reminds you of yourself or something that has or happens frequently in your life. I find Seinfeld skits always remind me of hings that have happened in
my life.
I also enjoy a good Dilbert read.:thumbsup:

·
36,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Another Far Side / Larsen fan here. Many of his books.

Have this on my coffee mug at the office:

Ha,ha,ha Far Side my favorite. I have several of his books and I don't remember seeing that one in there. That's awesome!

·
Content from my avatar
4,355 Posts
Pretty funny Bro, where do you see that strip?
It's in the local paper usually, maybe only the Sunday edition though. Not entirely sure. And sometimes I run across it on the great wide interwebs.

·
36,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
cold shrinkage?
Good call! Out of all the Seinfeld skits you pick out any mans worst fear. One of the best episodes to with Kramer and his big Lobster arrest.
For those that haven't laughed at it and for those that want to laugh again I googled up the scene for you. In the middle the screen turns black be sure to stay with it because it goes to the next corresponding scene. The Best of Seinfeld - The Shrinkage - YouTube

·
High Desert MTBer
5,468 Posts
One of my other favorites is 'Celeb' in the British political/satirical/humorous bi-weekly, Private Eye:

greenishceleb1183privateeye550.jpg

Gary Bloke is the ancient rocker who lives in his own enabled world... strikes a chord for me!

·
36,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Time for another Far Side by the late and great Gary Larson.

Attachments

·
36,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
More Far Side.
Just a heads up with Far Side some people don't get them. "Some" of them you have to look at everything in the strip. There may be something that really explains what's going on. For instance in this one really look at it there is one item that makes the whole thing make sense.........................check out the little sign on the side of the entrance. That corresponds with the caption below. Many people would miss that little sign and completely miss the joke.

Attachments

·
see me rollin, they hatin
4,618 Posts
Does this count as a comic strip? i have a simple mind, but all this poking fun at spider man comics gives me teh lulz
1003044_10200676700973154_1740318808_n.jpg

·
36,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
^^^yes Nicole you get a pass on that one.

Another Far Side and once again there is one thing in the strip that explains it, look close.
Yes it's the little music notes indicating he's whistling and enjoying his work...in HELL.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 2402 Posts