Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've search the forums and can't find much about Heli Biking in NZ.

Is it worth it? Which trails are the best (Old Woman Range, Cardrona, Roaring Meg,....)? We're adv. riders and can ride stuff similar to blacks and blues at Whistler BC. Looks fun but I'd rather stay of miles dirt roads or bushwacking over feilds.. Now, 40 miles of swoopy single track serviced by a helicopter would be pretty sweet..

Cheers,
Greg

·
Rolling
11,120 Posts
Wow, I'm surprised that nobody on the New Aussue/Zealand forum has some help.

You should just do it and then post about your adventure either on the passion forum or on the Aussie/New Zealand forum.

I'm definitely interested in the drill.

·
friend of Apex
4,009 Posts
grega said:
I've search the forums and can't find much about Heli Biking in NZ.

Is it worth it?
Guess that depends on your finances, how much they charge, whether you like climbing...

One aspect that has steered me away from doin more Heli/Cat trips (in snow, at least) is you are only as strong as the weakest link in the party.... which can ruin a good time if its some moran from Texas seeking the "ultimate thrill."

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The NZ forums were mostly what trail’s to ride for riding sake and nothing about the Heli stuff. There were recommendations on companies but not much on the trails. Supposedly they can also "tailor" the trails to the rider abilities. As for cost yeah it's pricing.. but probably a once in a life time thing.

I'll check out that Vorb site..

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.