Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

NYCMTB 2006 Crash Reel

2K views 27 replies 16 participants last post by  nachomc 
#1 ·
I've been working on a pet project for a while, and finally got it done last night. Here it is... the NYCMTB 2006 Crash Reel. The best crashes from 2006 (plus one from 2007 that I just couldn't pass up), mostly chronological. XC, freeride, downhill, 29ers, 26ers, singlespeeds, geared... crashes of all sorts on our many rides. It's in Quicktime h.264 format, so if you have trouble with it, update to the most recent Quicktime software.

Right click to download:
http://www.nycmtb.com/video/NYCMTB-2006-Crash-Reel.mov

Many thanks to all the riders featured:

Bean, Gumby, Tom Church, Farty, Bastard4Life, Aeroplane, AS, Noescapeclothes, Tahoe, The Knot, Dangerous, Gideon and a few more unidentified riders. Locations include New York, Connecticut, Vermont, New Jersey and Pennsylvania.

Several riders were seriously injured in the making of this film- do not attempt these crashes on your own...

#15 ·
Wherewolf said:
Great stuff! Those are the "outtakes", I'd love to see the "intakes" too.
Some are linked here:

Was doing everything as mp4, then played around with iPod video format, and have settled down into Mov files with h.264 compression. There's everything from XC racing to DH/freeride stuff in those.

#19 ·
MillerSHO said:
Don't have to install a bunch of crappy software that way.
Hate to burst your bubble, but they're all quicktime files linked off that webpage.

All of our local folks have no problem watching the vids in Quicktime, and prefer the higher resolution, so if you want to watch them, install it. Otherwise, move to the next thread. No use continuing to whine about it here.

#20 ·
I guess so.

I just thought people would create videos that would cater to the highest number of viewers, quicktime isn't that player.

Putting into web format is the newest way of getting everyone to see what you have creating more exposure.

But ya I can see Im not wanted here, later.

#22 ·
Scarry bikes

Some of those bike are seriously not meant to do anything but ride smooth trails or fire roads on. Reminds me of the old days when size and shape of a MTB frame was the same as a road bike.

Nice video. Looks like good guys having a great time. Nothing like getting a little dirty outside for a good time.

#25 ·
jbogner said:
Hate to burst your bubble, but they're all quicktime files linked off that webpage.

All of our local folks have no problem watching the vids in Quicktime, and prefer the higher resolution, so if you want to watch them, install it. Otherwise, move to the next thread. No use continuing to whine about it here.
The problem I have with Quicktime is that it takes over all of the media types on my PC even though I specify in the setup that it is for QT files only. I have to uninstall it to get back to my default players.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.