Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wife and I are visiting NYC from Austin this weekend. Very short (too short!) but we have an agressive itinerary for Manhattan and Brooklyn. Lots of walking, some trains, and we plan to rent some bikes for a cruise through Central Park.

Two things I have not put on the schedule yet: cool bike shops worth visiting and a brewery or distillery to try something new. Anything on Manhattan or Brooklyn we should check out? We won't be driving at all so it has to be close.

·
Registered
556 Posts
No bike shops are worth visiting. They’re pretty underwhelming. Sorry. As far as distilleries and breweries, it depends on where in Brooklyn you plan to be. I can’t offer much help but Van Brunt Still House in Red Hook is good. That said, Red Hook is a bit out of the way and not worth the trip just for a couple of drinks. As far as breweries, Threes Brews in Gowanus and The Other Half in Carroll Gardens have good reputations. Threes Brews is more convenient via subway.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.