Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
pronounced may-duh
4,306 Posts
had two bikes stolen when i lived there. One was a Raliegh Chill (it's an old model before suspension was invented) locked to a pole in Greenwich Village. The second was a Fisher Hookooekoo (also before supension was invented) stolen right out of my house on christmas eve. We all suspect it was the grinch.

There are much better ways to secure your bike than the simple chain in that video, but NONE are completly theft proof.

·
pronounced may-duh
4,306 Posts
It's all typical NYC stuff. The police don't want to do anything cause the paperwork would cut into their donut time. The general public looks the other way cause if you stopped to be concerned about other people you would not get anywhere. There are just too many people in a very small place. People don't want to look each other in the eye or say howdy or even care about others. It's inhuman. I'm SOOO glad I don't live there anymore!

·
...the wave won't brek
273 Posts
I like the angle grinder best!

Come on WTF that would make so much noise not to mention the sparks.

I think riding away with the tool of choice in plain sight was a nice touch

That would be why I don't leave my bike unattended any where ( I don't live in NYC, or the USA)

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
[email protected] thieves

2 of the 6 bikes i've had stolen were pilfered in NYC... the first just along union square, the other on 23rd/6th. kinda sucks to come back and just find pieces of a krypto U-lock.

that said, it wasn't much fun either to find just shards of glass where our honda had been parked the night before. ;)

edit: for the record, 3 bikes gone in CO, the other in boston (locked to the back of my friend's truck, which was stolen). :madman:

·
Registered
359 Posts
The funny thing is that a guy riding a bike in NYC with safety goggles and hearing protection on wouldn't get any attention, hell add fishnet stockings and high heels and still no one would notice.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I think I saw a blonde girl in the video, who actually looked back, and kinda it made it obvious that something wrong was going on (even the older ladies behind her noticed it too). This was during the hacksaw episode. I bet they were tourists.

·
Lurker
192 Posts
yea man i posted the same thread although i was a few hrs late .....but that does suck i mean some bikes cost the same as cars and no 1 gave a whos who when taking them, it makes me wanna kill the people, jus standing there going " i retarded and i cant see any thing" no offence but my god !!!!!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts