Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe its the week of nice weather, maybe its the new (to me) bike I bought (steel road, excluded for geared contact), maybe its the other new bike (gold inbred)
maybe it s the ale Ive been having...

just thought i'd share the bike(already shared it, but once one more time for good measure) and the beer, found it at a small store, was drawn to the large bottle, tastes pretty good, never heard of the brand...Just thought i'd share the find of a pretty good pale ale...happy riding.

·
Sofa King We Todd Did
2,262 Posts
For the record, NYC rules.

Now, about that bike. You've displayed it here before, haven't you. A couple of weeks ago? What size is that? 14"? 16"?

I'll give you a lift to the trails one day if you let try it out!

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
bike and equation...

The bike is 16" i did show it, the post was more for the beer, but thought i'd throw in the bike for ss content. Im in grad school for economics...so the equation is from my current paper...the equation is the labor market equilibrium equation F(Un, Z)=1/(1+m)
where Un is unemployment [1-(Yn/L)], Z is a positively related catch-all variable, and m is markup. F(Un, Z) is a function estimated as a negative function...and 1/(1+m) is a rough estimate of real wage (wage/price)...etc....ie: as mark-up increases, unemployment level rises...its the beginning of a paper on wage rigidity and underemployment (trying to disprove)...but i wont bore you with that stuff...
I just noticed your profile cruz, are you a professor at Williams? I went to Tufts undergrad (almost Williams, but it was a little too rural), been to Williamstown a few times, i imagine that the riding there would be gorgeous!

spinwheelz, when i get a little time after papers and finals taper off, I just might take you up on that offer, just let me get into shape first...(rode 6 miles the other day on a bike path, was tired...damn...)

·
Registered
81 Posts
dompedro3 said:
Im in grad school for economics...so the equation is from my current paper...the equation is the labor market equilibrium equation F(Un, Z)=1/(1+m)
where Un is unemployment [1-(Yn/L)], Z is a positively related catch-all variable, and m is markup. F(Un, Z) is a function estimated as a negative function...and 1/(1+m) is a rough estimate of real wage (wage/price)...etc....ie: as mark-up increases, unemployment level rises...its the beginning of a paper on wage rigidity and underemployment (trying to disprove)...but i wont bore you with that stuff...
I just noticed your profile cruz, are you a professor at Williams? I went to Tufts undergrad (almost Williams, but it was a little too rural), been to Williamstown a few times, i imagine that the riding there would be gorgeous!
Thanks, and the details aren't boring, they're what enable us to figure out how the universe works. The equation looked a little bit like a weight update rule for a neural network, thus my interest. Yeah, I teach at Williams in philosophy and cognitive science. The riding here is fabulous, though steep for singlespeeding (I run 34 x 20). I rather like the rural, small-town living, 19th century though it may be. There's a terrific cycling community, and, of course, I train with the college team. If you're ever of a mind to visit Williamstown again, drop me a line, we'll go riding. (A regular riding buddy is on the econ faculty here, we could invite him along.)

Best wishes for your paper and for your studies.

Joe

·
No Justice = No Peace
1,512 Posts
Cool equation, what's that stem?

dompedro3 said:
Maybe its the week of nice weather, maybe its the new (to me) bike I bought (steel road, excluded for geared contact), maybe its the other new bike (gold inbred)
maybe it s the ale Ive been having...

just thought i'd share the bike(already shared it, but once one more time for good measure) and the beer, found it at a small store, was drawn to the large bottle, tastes pretty good, never heard of the brand...Just thought i'd share the find of a pretty good pale ale...happy riding.
I went to college too, but I never saw one of those stems. It's definitely too-cool-for- school. What is it? Do you have any more pictures of it. I like to look at pictures.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
stem...

stem is a funn serial thrilla, if you google the name a few sites come up. Some bike shop was blowing them out for $10 a few years back on ebay. i bought one just for the cool color, never really used it, put it on this bike, i like the extension. It seems that funn no longer makes xc products, bummer I think this stem looks cool... and its functional...

·
Custom User Title
157 Posts
dompedro3 said:
...the equation is the labor market equilibrium equation F(Un, Z)=1/(1+m)
QUOTE]

And they say it's not a science. I make approximately 25% less annually because my econ background is in the "arts", not the "sciences" (BA vs. BS). Fortunately, my MBA will help pick up the slack.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.