Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's a good training guide for nutrition? I really need to hone this if I'm going to do well in expert this year.

Ryan H.

·
Registered
20 Posts
XC62701 said:
What's a good training guide for nutrition? I really need to hone this if I'm going to do well in expert this year.

Ryan H.
I second Monique Ryan's book. I bought the book in the October to prepare for this upcoming season and it's been very resourceful. I just met with a nutritionist for more of a personal consult and also just to make sure I was doing things right. The consultation basically reaffirmed everything I took out of Ryan's book.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I also use Ryan's book- found it to be more of a guide than a 'plan' kind of book, like the Friel books are for training, except for dieting.

·
LW Coaching
737 Posts
XC62701 said:

Ryan H.
Tha Paleo Diet for Athletes by Loren Cordain and Joe Friel. Tells you what to eat for general health and talks about nutrient timing for training, racing, recovery and body composition improvement/maintenance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts