Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today Jollybeggar and I went out and pegged the fun meter on our ride down the NUT. He had made the trip over from the coast and brought his new Trance XO, that he's still breaking in. He was looking for someone to hit the trail with him and I was more than happy to oblige. Here are some pics from today.

Attachments

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
13,346 Posts
Nice shots, good stuff. Thanks for bringing back some sweet memories from Father's Day weekend.

Hey Jolly, how's that new Trance treating you? You're one of several friends who ride them... everybody seems to love 'em.

I'm in the market for a new FS sled myself but will probably head in the 29er direction.

--Sparty

·
Registered
316 Posts
Is there a shuttle?

I'm wanting to ride the length of the NUT, I'm new to the area and I'm wondering about the best direction to ride and if there are any shuttle services. My assumption is that it's easier to ride from the East end to the West end. Are there any shuttles to take one back up to the East end?

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ucme4dk said:
I'm wanting to ride the length of the NUT, I'm new to the area and I'm wondering about the best direction to ride and if there are any shuttle services. My assumption is that it's easier to ride from the East end to the West end. Are there any shuttles to take one back up to the East end?

Thanks for your help!
Permittees operating on the Umpqua National Forest:
http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/umpqua/recreation/biking/index.shtml

I think the the proprietor of the Dry Creek Store has helped some folks out in the past too, provided they haven't sold the business by now. (541) 498-2215.

I like to ride it in both directions but then some might say I'm NUTS:D Either way, you'll have a good time.

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
13,346 Posts
ucme4dk said:

Thanks for your help!
Well, there's this.

--Sparty

·
Tree Hugger
2,946 Posts
The NUT is always a blast.
I really like the 2nd to last shot.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Yeah, I'd like to do it as an out-n-back. But I just haven't had the time I need in the saddle to accomplish that at this point in time. Some day. . .

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Just NUTs

I just got back from my week of riding in the Diamond lake area, it's always fun but getting to ride some of the NUT is always icing on the cake. Steve was a gracious host and picked a perfect 3 section ride. Thanks Steve, by the way I've got your water bottle, I'll return it the next time we cross paths.

I'm gonna try to attach some pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
jollybeggar said:
.......Thanks Steve, by the way I've got your water bottle, I'll return it the next time we cross paths.
Guess that means you're just gonna have to come over and crash PUMP's Waldo Lake ride next month or maybe I could talk you into UPS'ing it:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts