Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I am 6'1" 235+/-

I ride a DiamondBack FS and after 20 minutes or so in the saddle my toes get the tingles like they are going to sleep. I wear loose shorts so no circulation cutoff there. I don't wear riding shoes rather New Balance "trail" shoes.

Any thoughts?

BigUgly

·
Registered
19 Posts
You want a good bike shoe with a stiff sole… soft soles flex to much will defiantly numb your feet up… I got a pair of Sidi shoes solved all my problems. They also come in wide widths most bikes shoes are very narrow.

Steve

·
Registered
43 Posts
Try to ride without sitting down. Not the most fun but if it doesn't happen when you stay standing then then the saddle may be pressing on a vein or blood vessel that supplies to that area. Just an idea.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I just got back into it this year after a looong lay off and have had the same problem.....gone now.
Try a stiffer sole as stated before. Any cheap mtb specific shoe will work without cleats in them.
Also, try working on your spin a little bit....nice round, fluid circles. Alot of guys mash the pedals down w/o any pull up or attempt at trying to be a smooth stroker. It puts alot of pressure on your foot. I'm anal about my spin and as it and my fitness have gone up the tinglies have gone bye-bye. Just my .02.

·
Registered
226 Posts
You mught also find this is an issue with heat loss. A cleat can be quite affective at transferring your body heat into the bike, rather like a massive heatsink.

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
Anno domino said:
You mught also find this is an issue with heat loss. A cleat can be quite affective at transferring your body heat into the bike, rather like a massive heatsink.
circulation problems??? see a doctor

·
Registered
226 Posts
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
circulation problems??? see a doctor
Everyone to some degree has circulation problems to the extremeties in cold weather.

Have you never noticed how cold your feet get on clipless pedals in the winter? Not only are you wafting the heat from your feet when pedalling but I do believe the pedal is doing perhaps too great a job at sinking heat away from your feet... so they get cold and numb. Does with me anyway, though I suppose fatter socks would cure that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.