Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have ergo grips. I added them with the hopes that my repaired left wrist would gain extra support.

I have noticed my right wrist though getting numb and very fatigued. This has just began occurring - but has been becoming occurring increasingly. I cannot be over gripping because of the ergos and I keep a finger on my brake.

My repaired wrist is OK and I have no issues with it.

Anybody have this occur? How did you rectify this? I was thinking about using a regualr grip on the right side and leaving the ergo on the left.

·
Premium Member
5,775 Posts
IMO, the ergo grips s-ck. They seemed like a good idea, but not being able to wrap fingers around bars made me lean on the ergo part, and that put preasure on wrists. Felt like i didn't have full grip when in rough stuff. Took em off.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
theMeat said:
IMO, the ergo grips s-ck. They seemed like a good idea, but not being able to wrap fingers around bars made me lean on the ergo part, and that put preasure on wrists. Felt like i didn't have full grip when in rough stuff. Took em off.
I am glad you were able to decipher what I was trying to say... it was a very poor rendition of the English language.

I have been talking to some pals and they all had similar experiences and had to take them off. One said, they were great at first, but then his hand started doing to the same thing - getting numb at the fingers.

I am going to get a new pair of grips - if it solves the issue, then I am set. If not - back to the drawing board. I also need to take the panties off and let my repaired wrist be repaired.

Any suggestion on grips anyone (have not looked yet)?

·
Registered
602 Posts
With a normal grip you can wrap your hand entirely around it, just like you would naturally hold anything - like tools or a baseball bat. With ergos the last joint of my hands would be slightly bent backwards instead of rounded like they should be. It made my fingers sore. I assumed it was because I have long hands and ergos are designed for people with a regular size grip. Either way, I switched to Ourys. Ourys are fat so the grip feels right and soft so they give you more cushioning.

·
Registered
479 Posts
ODI's are nice, I like OURY lock ons better, but gummy is good for me. I also find that most of the time if my hands tingle the problem is in my shoulder position.

Is your camel bak or back pack too tight? The same nerve can get impinged in your shoulder, warm up and then stretch and see if this helps.

·
anyone else smell that?
2,314 Posts
to relieve my hand numbness i bought some alt-bars (mary's and titec h-bars) and silicon grips

i tried everything before spending more money but this finally gave me relief.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts