Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Just rode up there yesterday and most of the trails are in great shape. The only ones to avoid are Waterslide (a river runs through it) and potentially a few of the newer trails near the meadow. I read sparse comments that some were good and some needed some time but that was a week or so ago and they most likely are good to go.

When you're asking about 'more work' I'm not sure of your last ride here. Last year a LOT of work was accomplished near the meadow, with probably close to 8 miles of new trail added. An reroute of the Stairway to Heaven's middle part is about 3/4 of the way completed but you can still take the reroute and then ride an old trail for 1/4 mile until the last stretch is completed.

The only other thing I've heard is not quite rideable is heading down the backside toward Sage Hills/Horse Lake. There was some snow on Twin Peaks Slide and Fairview Trail was closed as of last week as was Upper Apricot Crisp, but there was a trail run last weekend on that trail and I'm guessing it's now open.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Unfortunately the #2 Canyon project did not get funded by the state for fiscal year 2019-2020. This means other sources of funding will need to be found. One source will be mountain bikers who can donate money to Evergreen a part of our Give Big Campaign happening now. The campaign focuses on raising money to build 5 projects throughout the state, one of which is the next phase for #2 Canyon.

Go here https://www.evergreenmtb.org, follow the link and please contribute, even if its just $20 or $40. This money will go directly into funding these new trail projects! Thanks!!

·
Registered
408 Posts
Unfortunately the #2 Canyon project did not get funded by the state for fiscal year 2019-2020. This means other sources of funding will need to be found. One source will be mountain bikers who can donate money to Evergreen a part of our Give Big Campaign happening now. The campaign focuses on raising money to build 5 projects throughout the state, one of which is the next phase for #2 Canyon.

Go here https://www.evergreenmtb.org, follow the link and please contribute, even if its just $20 or $40. This money will go directly into funding these new trail projects! Thanks!!
This is unfortunate. Donating right now.

·
Registered
710 Posts
We were in Wenatchee this past weekend and rode some of the trails in the meadow for the first time. "Wow!" sums up my impression. It was great to see so much great new trail. That was a lot of work. Dragon Tail was cool as far as it is built. I'm assuming it will connect with the upper part of the Stairway singletrack? We bombed down the road to the meadow trails because we heard that Waterslide was really wet. That will be a nice loop when Waterslide dries out, though someone at the parking lot said they had heard that Waterslide would likely be decommissioned eventually. If so, that's too bad. It's a cool trail. Again, thank you to those that are doing the work out there.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Yes, Dragontail will reconnect to Stairway. You can see the flagging along the ridge as you descend the old trail back to the double track.

There are supposed to be two trails that will run on either side of Waterslide but it won't be decommissioned until they're done. I guess it's labeled a riparian zone and therefore needs to be put to rest.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.