Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

during a 400km Brevet, at about 250km mark, on my CX bike, I started to feel some numbness in my left hand, palm...
I couldn't change front gears anymore. i couldn't push anymore with my fingers the left gear leaver.

Already two weeks passed and still have same problem.
Can't hold anything too tight with my fingers.

I have an appointment with the doctor, but it's next month.

As I understand it's the nerve that pass through the arm-palm close to the thumb, which was too long under pressure.

Or could be also else?

I've read it's pretty common injury.

Anybody "fixed" this?

·
Registered
684 Posts
Many many long distance riders/racers deal with numbness issues. Oftentimes it just takes time; however, there could be some hand exercises that help relieve the numbness.

In my times on the Tour Divide, I always used a specific bar adjusted to an angle where it would put even pressure across my palms. I then wrap a gel pack under the handlebar wrap for some cushioning.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many many long distance riders/racers deal with numbness issues. Oftentimes it just takes time; however, there could be some hand exercises that help relieve the numbness.

In my times on the Tour Divide, I always used a specific bar adjusted to an angle where it would put even pressure across my palms. I then wrap a gel pack under the handlebar wrap for some cushioning.
Thanks for reply!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts