Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Mint condition '06 Cannondale Prophet 600
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at the Nukeproof Scout 275 Race and the Trek Roscoe 7. The Nukeproof seems like it has better components and more travel, whereas I kinda like the Treks geometry better. The reach is a little smaller and the head angle is a little steeper but not too steep. What id be riding is mostly jump lines, street stuff, singletrack and techy stuff. No fast descents for me, thats reserved for my full-sus cannondale. The nukeproof seems more downhillish, but would i really feel the difference and would jumps and bunnyhops actually be nicer on the Trek?
Anyone who has any of these bikes or knows about them pls let me know
Thanks guys;)

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
Normally, I'd highly suggest the Nukeproof but if you're on tight technical trails, then I'd choose something less slack. So, Roscoe.

·
Registered
5,480 Posts
Nukeproofs are great in the air & are a great all around trail bike.

It'll be able to handle almost anything you can throw at it

Sent from my HD1900 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Honestly I’m not a fan of the Roscoes geometry. It has a 71 degree seat tube angle, which is incredibly slack by today’s standards.

Have you considered the Specialized Fuse?

Also, can you even find the Nukeproof in stock? I thought they’d been sold out for months.

·
Registered
Mint condition '06 Cannondale Prophet 600
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I considered the fact that I'll be trying out my local Windham Bike Park next summer, so I think I'll go with the Nukeproof.
-Ocnlogan - I haven't considered the fuse, but now I think I'm just gonna go with the Scout because of its better fork. Really mostly because I'll be riding park. I can't find it in stock, but I have a dealer near me who can order it and I'll get it in anywhere between 2 and 6 mo. So not bad at all, considering I won't be riding TOO much anyway in the cold.
Thanks guys

·
Registered
28 Posts
Last I knew the Roscoe 7's and even 8's were on back order at that.? I'd say go with whatever your Lbs has in stock and can get.

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
Thanks, I considered the fact that I'll be trying out my local Windham Bike Park next summer, so I think I'll go with the Nukeproof.
-Ocnlogan - I haven't considered the fuse, but now I think I'm just gonna go with the Scout because of its better fork. Really mostly because I'll be riding park. I can't find it in stock, but I have a dealer near me who can order it and I'll get it in anywhere between 2 and 6 mo. So not bad at all, considering I won't be riding TOO much anyway in the cold.
Thanks guys
Oh, bike park? Yeah, I think you'd be better off with the Nukeproof. It's very well specced for the price and the geometry is good for going faster.

·
shy of 60
172 Posts
Last I knew the Roscoe 7's and even 8's were on back order at that.? I'd say go with whatever your Lbs has in stock and can get.
the Roscoe have a quick release 141 mm rear axle, not the 12 x 148 through axle....this will limit any wheel upgrades in the future....nukeproof has the through axle....so you have more options in future upgrades.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts