Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This post is a spin-off from one in the Families section about my son's new Nukeproof Cub Scout 24 Race.

TLDR the bike arrived from Chain Reaction Cycles with one of the end caps missing from the Neutron hubbed front wheel (punched through box and knocked off).

The end caps are sold as a standalone item but I've contacted CRC and they are out of stock for Neutron 15mm fronts and if they can't find one their other option is to take the bike back.

The end caps for the Horizon hubs appear to be identical but they are listed as being incompatible with the Neutron. Both the Neutron and Horizon front hubs use the same bearings so OD must be the same, the axle is the same and the overall dimensions of the two hubs are the same, so I'm struggling to understand how the end caps could be different, other than that the Horizons are made with a higher grade of aluminium?

Does anyone have a set of Horizons and a set of calipers that they could bring together to take some measurements of of the end cap? I've attached the dimensions I measured from the one Neutron end cap I do have.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update on this, thanks to Great Bike North in Alberta Canada I've determined that the Horizon and Neutron end caps are in fact the same item. Rob at GBN got a set of the Horizon end caps and measured them and they are exactly the same as the Neutron.

I ordered a set and he's shipping them to the UPS store near our vacation rental so my son can use his new bike next week. Top notch customer service.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.