Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
...with what appear to be rebadged parts. :rolleyes: The fork is the same one used by White Bros., Origin 8 and others. The seat post looks like the Kalloy version of the Thomson post.

I particularly like their glaring text error in the seat post description "...Nike Proof..." Classic :sleep:

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I could never get grips to stay in place with those bars (east coast). Tried everything for my customers gorilla glue and ties was the closest i ever got them to stay in place. Those hubs it was a matter of time before things came undone. Did like the ti frame not the one with the freak fork but standard headtube. I let one slip through my fingers back in the day.

·
Premium Member
3,029 Posts
duotone said:
Nuke is classic. Post'em if you've got'em.
Here's mine.
Super Fly!
Hey Duotone - do you happen to be in Michigan? Just curious.

JmZ

·
Registered
238 Posts
ssmike said:
...with what appear to be rebadged parts. :rolleyes: The fork is the same one used by White Bros., Origin 8 and others. The seat post looks like the Kalloy version of the Thomson post.
"whois" is revealing as ever ...

Registrant:
Chain Reaction Cycles
1 Kilbride Road
Doagh
Ballyclare, Antrim BT39 0QA
UK

Domain name: NUKEPROOF.COM

C>

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
~martini~ said:
Huh. Imagine that.
Now that's the Nuke Proof I remember. At least your spoke holes look offset. They didn't quite understand the need to offset spoke holes in their infancy.

·
mtbr remember
4,356 Posts
hahahaha, Nike Proof... Automatic swoosh deflection, Just don't do it, or your flanges will split. yikes!

I've actually got 3 sets of wheels built up using Nuke Proof hubs, and it seems ALL of them are completely different, even down to the weave used in the carbon. But, luckily, only one is cracked. It seems to me that the best of the bunch were the ones with the stick on gold logo "applique" or whatever you want to call it. From what I've seen, more failures of those with the little yellow sticker or painted on logo...

Sorry, No pics at the moment, but I'll try to throw some up if I remember.... and also, sorry to say, don't think I'll be buying any of these "new" products.

oh yeah, and MAN, I remember wanting that bar SO bad back in the day. That is cool.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Puke Proof

I had a nice (or so I thought) wheelset built with a set of new Nuke Proof hubs and Bontrager/Mavic rims for a NORBA national race in Georgia. After one lap in was running 5th in the sportie class until Georgia clay got the best of the "sealed" bearings and my rear wheel seized up tight. Nuke Proof had a booth at the race. I gave them an earfull. They replaced the bearings with "updated"ones (my hubs were new!). Come to find out they use cheap bearings ($1.00 as opposed to $10.00). I sold my wheels when I got home.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts