Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What have you folks heard in regards to the 2010 NUE schedule ? Any dates been firmed up as of yet ? These I do know:
The Cohutta 100 will be on April 24th.
Mohican 100 ?
LumberJack 100 will be June 19th, 2010
Wilderness 101 is slated for Saturday July 31st.
Shenandoah Mountain 100 - Sunday Sept 5th.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
It's a bummer but makes a bit of sense...

the last two years you have two great races in the series that were separated by over 3,000 miles and only one week apart...pretty tough for folks to consider both.

The Tahoe Sierra will be just as great regardless as will the NUE series. Interested to hear about the one or two new races.

Harlan, do you know about when in the year the two unnamed events might occur?

6thElement said:
NOoooooooooooooooooo :cryin:

That was going to be one of my 4 NUE races then I was going to do the CCP100 too :(

·
It's carbon dontcha know.
4,486 Posts
I agree that having it a week after Shen and on the opposite coast was an issue.

Just bummed as I'd been planning on doing a couple of West coast 100's next year and luckily the Tahoe would have been one of my NUE 4. I'd pretty much got my entire race schedule for next year mapped out. This changes it :(

·
Registered
93 Posts
The Tahoe Sieerra 100 will still go on!!

The Tahoe Sierra 50 & 100 will still go on and will do very well not being on the NUE series in 2010. I think after the last two years being on the NUE series and then this year only getting one or two racers from the series showing up it was time for the Tahoe Sierra 100 to move on. Don't get me wrong it nice getting 260 racers. But 98% are from the west coast.
I think it's a good time for the Tahoe Sierra 100 to go the same route as Leadville and Cascade Cream Puff 100. I think what Ryan O'Dell has done with the series is great.The Tahoe Sierra 100 takes allot to put on. Not because it's the only 100 in California but it's all the red tape.
It takes over 5 permits just to get it off the ground. We also have to deal with the Western States trail foundation and the very large group of equestrian here.(Tevis Cup) as parts of the trail we race on travels along a historic trail that also borders a protected wilderness area. We walk on egg shells to pull the event off each year.
Large parts of the route are in very sensitive areas. Unlike allot of other states across the country California has by far some of the highest amount of state regulations and guidelines to over come to put a event on like this.
Getting trails built here is like getting a hooker to give you a free one!!. It only happens once in a blue moon.
Again what Ryan has done with the NUE series is great but, the Tahoe Sierra 100 doesn't really benefit from it. Fighting the enviromentental groups each year takes it toll on the financial end of the race as we end up putting allot of it back into the trails and fighting these groups.
We find that we need to spend more time on just trying to get the racers west of the Rockies to the event as the economy does't allow for allot of the east coast racers to travel this year. We feel with all the new young guns in ultra racing from the west coast and some of the strong Canadians coming to event it's gonig to be a good year. Having the Tahoe Sierra 100 Sept11-12 so close to the the Shen 100 is not our choice but, it's what the Tahoe National Forest service has givin us for the race date. If we had our choice of dates it would be a litttle later. See ya at the races.:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
It's carbon dontcha know.
4,486 Posts
My guess was a good one :D

NUE Series 2010 Tentative Schedule:
Race: Location: Date:

Cohutta 100 Tennessee April 24
Mohican 100 Ohio June 5
Lumberjack 100 Michigan June 19
Breckenridge 100 Colorado July 17
Wilderness 101 Pennsylvania July 31
High Cascades 100 Oregon August 7
Fool’s Gold 100 Georgia August 21
Shenandoah 100 Virginia September 5

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.