Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
krzysiekmz, im sorry that I got a little confused and accidentally posted this again. I'm also sorry you had to dig up a older thread and show me. Honest mistake.

pd406, me too. the geo. seems perfect

·
Registered
358 Posts
Yes I should not jump out like that too. I am no forum police :)

Have you considered other options? Like Transition Trans Am, Commencal Meta HT, On-one 45650b ?

Chris.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Chris- yeah, sorry i got a little snarky there. Ive looked into the On-one, I have had a couple on-ones before, but the permanent derailleur hanger scares me and really wanted to try a 12x142 rear axle. I need to give the transition another look, but havent checked the commencal yet.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I done just got my Eccentric in mail. Its just sitting, waiting for my pike and I9's. It's awesome, great welds, solid, beauty too, and the geo looks better than what the numbers tell.

I'll put a pic up later

·
Registered
43 Posts
AAAHHH! I really think I'm going to pull the trigger on one (no pun intended) of these but still lusting over the Ragley Blue Pig.....

Any chance to get a pic tonight?

Thanks!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
photo (6).JPG photo 1 (1).JPG photo 2 (1).JPG

Don't you love the pretty flowers couch.

Here it is, I was gonna strip the paint and do some single matte color, but I like it a lot more than I thought (nice paint job). It's nice man, pull the trigger.

Oh, I had to show off the new crosstrek I got for my wife. Probably, use it a lot more for bike transportation than I think.

·
twinsdad
17 Posts
I just ordered one on Thursday....Going to put an X-Fusion Sweep on it at 160 (for starters)....And Flows with Hope Hubs running 1x10....It's going to be a slowish build....Probably take a month or 2 to gather the parts...I can post pics of the build if anyone cares to see them.....

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Finally my first ride was yesterday. Rode my usual local trail, and I loved this bike. So playful, and climbs pretty dang good.

-Put a 150 solo pike on it
-I9's torch wheelset (staying local to my NC blood)
-Old Charge Spoon seat, I have had on every bike since ive found the best seat ever for 26 bucks
-Random bits of newish parts from other bikes I have recently sold. 1X10 setup.
-Came in at just over 26 lbs. Was shooting for under 27.5 lbs becuase I didnt go too light weight other than the wheels.

Here's a quick pic right before I took it to my mechanic to finish some fine tuning. Then i hit the trail.

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I ve ridden there plenty of times. Also I went to school at Appstate which is basically Pisgah but now live in the middle of the state, no real terrain, but still has some good gems.

Pisgah is amazing, you in that area? My co-worker and I are trying to get there in the next couple weeks.

·
twinsdad
17 Posts
I ve ridden there plenty of times. Also I went to school at Appstate which is basically Pisgah but now live in the middle of the state, no real terrain, but still has some good gems.

Pisgah is amazing, you in that area? My co-worker and I are trying to get there in the next couple weeks.

I'm actually outside of Charlotte....Lived in Boone for quite a few years and ride Pisgah when I get the chance...Also have ridden Wilson's Creek a bit which was probably your stomping grounds when you lived in Boone.....Now I ride all around Charlotte and Uwharrie mostly with the occasional trip to Pisgah Proper and Wislon's....

·
Registered
177 Posts
14527385271_8b83f9e5f7_k.jpg

I just took her on her maiden voyage out at Sandy Ridge. The Eccentric feels more like an agile and aggressive DJ bike that you can pedal up hill than a tame XC sled. A flow trail slayer. I'm really impressed.

·
twinsdad
17 Posts
Eccentric

What do you have your front fork set at? I've got a 160 on mine and I'm wondering if is going to wander a lot on the climbs? I finished it yesterday but haven't had it on the trail yet....Here's Mine:

rsz_1ns_eccentric_002.jpg

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all Ns owner ;)
I will order one eccentric frame today and I'm not sure witch framesize i gona take :/:/
M or L ? With RS PIKE 150-160 fork.
I'm 182cm long and my legs is araund 80cm long.

What size do YOU use and the rider size in cm please ??

Thanks !

1 - 20 of 143 Posts