Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone riding a NS eccentric cromo frame? It is 27.5 plus comparable and I wonder if it is 29+ compatible. I saw a pic/video (cannot find it now) where someone had a 27.5x3.0" tire mounted and it looked like the seat says could easily fit a 29+ tire…anyone tried it?

Also, did anyone size down on this frame? Asking because while the reach looks pretty standard now days the effective top top is super long. https://nsbikes.com/eccentric-cromo,98,pl.html

·
Registered
308 Posts
Anyone riding a NS eccentric cromo frame? It is 27.5 plus comparable and I wonder if it is 29+ compatible. I saw a pic/video (cannot find it now) where someone had a 27.5x3.0" tire mounted and it looked like the seat says could easily fit a 29+ tire…anyone tried it?

Also, did anyone size down on this frame? Asking because while the reach looks pretty standard now days the effective top top is super long. https://nsbikes.com/eccentric-cromo,98,pl.html
I had one for a short while and with the 27.5, a 3" width wouldn't clear at the chain stays and with a 2.8 the BB was too low. A 29 x 2.5 will barely clear the seat stay yoke just below the seat tube.

I am 5'8" and rode a medium and it fit great. The long top tube is a result of a long reach and fairly slack seat tube angle

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had one for a short while and with the 27.5, a 3" width wouldn't clear at the chain stays and with a 2.8 the BB was too low. A 29 x 2.5 will barely clear the seat stay yoke just below the seat tube.

I am 5'8" and rode a medium and it fit great. The long top tube is a result of a long reach and fairly slack seat tube angle
Bummer the 27.5x3.0 did not fit.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’m still keen to try my 27.5x3.0” tires when I get back to Phoenix.
I did just test for a 29x2.6 DHF which is only a about 2.5” on a good day and sure enough the clearance on the seat stay yoke is the issue. I could run 29x2.6 in the desert but it would not work on the wet days around here.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I’m still keen to try my 27.5x3.0” tires when I get back to Phoenix.
I did just test for a 29x2.6 DHF which is only a about 2.5” on a good day and sure enough the clearance on the seat stay yoke is the issue. I could run 29x2.6 in the desert but it would not work on the wet days around here.
I mounted up a couple of 3.0 tires on the NS Eccentric. 29 upfront and a 27.5 out back. I’ll grab a trail pic tomorrow if I can remember.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.