Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Carmine Shipping box Box Bicycle accessory Carbon

picked up a used NRS frame ('01 I beleive). I have a FSA Zero Stack headset. Just want to make sure I have the proper headset to insery. The cups of teh zero stack look a little deeper than what will fit inseide. Any help here? do I need special cups?

·
Registered
107 Posts
The older integrated headsets were 5mm (don't quote me on that #) or so shallower than the newer ones. The only headset that will fit is the old Cane Creek model. I'd give them a shout.
The thought of reaming out the inside of your headtube is the stuff of nightmares...

·
Registered
107 Posts
norcalruckus said:
I have an FSA headset in my 2000 nrs. I do not know if it is the same model. I am sorry for the crappy pic.
That's the one!
I used to know all this $h1t by heart, but it's all faded now.
I think the Cane Creeks were called the ZX-3 or something similar, that's what you should look for to slap into your NRS-Air. I'm assuming it's the NRS-Air from the flat black/red colors I can see.
I can't remember what the FSA headsets are, but for some reason I want to say that they're 8mm deep, vs. 5mm or so on the Cane Creeks...

BN

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.