Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen some posts mention that the NRS is designed around an 80mm fork and that the headset/tt/dt junction is not designed to take the stress of a 100mm fork. I have also seen lots of people recommend putting a 100mm fork on an NRS to match a rocker upgrade. Will the NRS' warranty be voided if I put a 100mm fork on it?

Thanks,

CV

·
Registered
689 Posts
Warranties are always handled by a case by case basis. If the frame was to break because you were hucking off something then yes the warranty would be void but if you were using the bike for it's intended pupose you should be fine. Most of the sales reps will want to see the bike in it's complete form in order to authorise a warranty exchange. So if you got a broken fork and to tacoed wheels chances are they will not honor the warranty.

·
Registered
9 Posts
carolinaviking said:
I've seen some posts mention that the NRS is designed around an 80mm fork and that the headset/tt/dt junction is not designed to take the stress of a 100mm fork. I have also seen lots of people recommend putting a 100mm fork on an NRS to match a rocker upgrade. Will the NRS' warranty be voided if I put a 100mm fork on it?

Thanks,

CV
There was a 2002 nrs 2 who came with an adjustable 80-100 mm maitou black fork so there should not have problem using a 100 mm fork, i got my 2004 nrs with a 100mm fox float and i love it, the bike now feels a lot plusher with 100 mm in front and i have not noticed any side effects

·
Registered
227 Posts
my 2001 NRS2 came with a 60- 80-100mm Judy, been riding with it in the 100mm setting since I got it and never had a problem it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.