Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I thought that based on the general response last month to having the kits available that I would easily sell 8 (it was all I could get complete parts for). Turns out only 6 people needed the kits.

I was quite mistaken that this is something that NRS riders wanted. I will be parting out the remaining bearings (552) and bushings (465) that I have. I won't bother with the sleeves they are just to expensive for me to stock any amount.

See my ad in MTBR classifieds, with the link to eBay.

Later.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Got the Backordered polymer bushings. Rebuilt the NRS too.

460 to be exact. And the 600 bearing, well, actually 552 since I sold 8 kits. Seems the local manufacturers are doing decent business. I am having a difficult time getting the quotes for the spacer sleeves. The only supplier that has an equivalent part is overkill. I'll keep pestering the manufacturers , as I can lower the kit cost by $10 if they can be made for close to $1.00 each.

I also rebuilt the NRS. Rides like new.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Al. said:
I also rebuilt my NRS (2002) with your kit - and it does ride like new. The bearings behind the bottom bracket are a PIA to install though.

Thanks.
Very good to hear about the results! And yes, if the bearing starts slightly crooked into the bore, they can be difficult to press in. Especially the larger main pivot bearings. It's not impossible though. A little patience. Did you find the pictorial manual was OK? If you can recommend any changes, I would be glad to hear them.

John

·
Hooligan
680 Posts
I have replaced the rocker arm bearings previously, and cleaned the rear bushings, so I only referenced your manual for the bottom bracket bearings, which I had no experience with. The C clamp and a socket did the trick for those. I did not disassemble the entire rear end to do this, but worked on one part at a time.

First, I removed the swingarms (by the way, the SGF rocker arms use the same size bearings as the stock rocker arms) and replaced those bearings; I added new seals to my canecreek cloud nine while I was at it, then reinstalled the swingarms and the shock. Second, I replaced the bushings and sleeves in the back and reassembled. Finally, I disconnected the lower swingarm at the bottom bracket pivot and replaced the last bearings. Then tightened everything back up. I did not have to remove the rear derailleur this way.

Your manual was precise and complete. No complaints form me.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Response sent

Al. said:
Hey John,
I need some new bearings for the rocker arms, (2002 NRS, 2 pair) not a whole kit, do you still have those to sell, or could you list the size bearings I should order? thanks in advance.
I sent you a reply Al. No problem. Plenty left.

·
Registered
227 Posts
will these bearings fit the '01 or are they for the newer NRS

also how much for the complete kit?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
NRSguy said:
will these bearings fit the '01 or are they for the newer NRS

also how much for the complete kit?
They fit 00-03 . The 04 went full cartridge bearing in the dropout pivots.

Semd me a PM for pricing tables and payment methods.

John

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
need bushings

John,
I need a full set of bushings and bearings for a 2002-3 Giant NRS 2. How can I order and or pay for same?
David
They'll need to be shipped to Baltimore

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sent an eMail

idratherride said:
John,
I need a full set of bushings and bearings for a 2002-3 Giant NRS 2. How can I order and or pay for same?
David
They'll need to be shipped to Baltimore
I sent you an email. There are kits available.

·
No Brakes
36 Posts
Need set of bushings for '01 NRS

John,

Could you let me know the cost (kit + shipping to CA) and payment method? Thanks very much.

Al

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No Brakes said:
John,

Could you let me know the cost (kit + shipping to CA) and payment method? Thanks very much.

Al
Contact me at ( johndoiron at sbcglobal dot net ) . You can figure out my email address, I did it that way to fool spambots. Replace "at" with @ ect.
Payment usually through PayPal. One kit is $23.75, but two is only $30.54. I have a price list for up to 10 kits. Prices above are mailed First Class USPS.

·
Trail Sanitizer
467 Posts
John -

Please forgive the newb question but how do you change out the bearings? I have an '03 NRS and I'm switching out the rear shock (Cloud Nine) and rocker arm (SGF) so I thought I may as well swap out all the bearings while I'm at. However, I have no idea how to do it. What tools do you need? Assuming it's easy, I'll probably buy a couple of kits from you.

Thanks!

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Posted this somewhere else but I forget where.

Bulldozer said:
John -

Please forgive the newb question but how do you change out the bearings? I have an '03 NRS and I'm switching out the rear shock (Cloud Nine) and rocker arm (SGF) so I thought I may as well swap out all the bearings while I'm at. However, I have no idea how to do it. What tools do you need? Assuming it's easy, I'll probably buy a couple of kits from you.

Thanks!
I think I posted this somewhere already. But here it is again. 2 ways to do it, the fast brutal way, and the slow careful way.

1) Fast way. Use a tapered punch through the center of the bearing and smack it out with a hammer. First Picture shows the teapered punch through the center of a rocker bearing.

2) Use a couple sockets and a large C-Clamp to press the bearing out slowly.

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
Bushing kits

I have a 02 NRS 1 and am needing an entire bushing kit, do you have any left? If no,t do you have a good source to go to for bushing kits?

Thanks

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yes, some left

maxout said:
I have a 02 NRS 1 and am needing an entire bushing kit, do you have any left? If no,t do you have a good source to go to for bushing kits?

Thanks
Send me an email at [email protected] . Remove the "no-spam" from the emaill address.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts