Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
dirty trail dog
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been a hardtail rider since getting into mountain biking. I just bought my brother's 2002 Giant XTC NRS Air frame and I am going to build it up this summer.

Now, it's been said in other forums here that full suspension has come a long way with pedal bob, but I'd like to know how much I can expect from this bike, being 3 year old technology, basically. Is pedal bob linked to the design of the rearend, or the shock? The frame is coming with the OEM RockShox Sid XC w/ rebound adjust. Should I replace this shock or would it be okay for a little while longer. The bike was not ridden very much before, no drops or anything like that. It wasn't abused at least. Any input would be helpful.

·
MBAA!
294 Posts
Well

As far as I can tell (mind me, im no expert) it has to do with the the bottom bracket on the rear triangle. the angle of it, I remember understanding exactly what happens.. becuase pedaling forces push directly forward, where as ground and rocks push it up and forward, and the rear triangle kind of just moves upwards, whereas most move as a whole, each bar of the NRS moves seperate, thus trying to force the shock upwards, which just doesnt happen.

I could be wrong. Oh, and the shock definitely helps. I have the stock FOX R, ProPedal. Congrats on the shift from hardtail to FS.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.