Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the NRA pit still around or has it been bulldozed? I know there was some controversy there but I wasn't sure how it was resolved. I got into freeride mtb but I don't know any other place near Phoenix where this is good, developed free riding. Thanks!

·
I am Walt
6,321 Posts
Still active and maintained...these are from a couple weeks ago, when I was hiking with the dog.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome thanks and sick pics! I've never been there but I really want to head up there over break with some friends. Really appreciate the responses!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is the NRA pit still around or has it been bulldozed? I know there was some controversy there but I wasn't sure how it was resolved. I got into freeride mtb but I don't know any other place near Phoenix where this is good, developed free riding. Thanks!
A little while ago my friend and I talked to one of the builders out there and he told us that the Pit is on a Wild Horse Preserve which is protected for the next 70 years or so from any type of development. And more recently they told us they talked to an FS employee and they were ok with "relocated earth" (dirt features) to an extent but they had to take down the wood features.

·
Meatbomb
7,257 Posts
yeah, some misinformation going out. Sure they are fine with relocating dirt because that is what they have been doing with the dozers the last couple days .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts