Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Just a heads up for those not familiar with the ride nox facebook, conditions page.
Nockamixon trails are CLOSED for the season due to freeze-thaw weather.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Anyone have a sense as to when Nox will reopen or is COVID-19 keeping it closed?
In would think riding conditions are getting close to being good.

·
Registered
40 Posts
On the nockamixon state park page it says walking paths are open but the ridenox page says it isn’t. There isn’t anyone enforcing it but it is in terrible taste considering how nice the trails are kept and how much hard work those guys put into upkeep.

·
Registered
236 Posts
If it says closed, its closed.
Thanks for the update. Hopefully all this BS will be over before the trail riding season ends.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Yeah hopefully. The trails are very likely still a total mess though. I bet that has a good bit to do with them remaining closed too. Some other trails around here are open aren't they?

·
Registered
Santa Cruz HT2 (CC, XT), Stigmata (CC, GRX800)
589 Posts
Road there this past Sunday. Trail conditions were excellent. Parking lot was crowded.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
236 Posts
Rode yesterday, 6/17 and conditions are very good. A bit on the dry side with some moon dust building up in some corners. Fun new roller towards the end of South Park and nice supplemental kickers on East Woods. Rain in the forecast everyday for the rest of the week.

·
Registered
540 Posts
There today. I rode the south end and it was very wet after the storm on Friday.

What time does the park or tower lot close every night? I used to ride there a few days a week after work. Been doing that for years. My schedule changed because of COVID and now I can't make it there until 6pm. I'm not fast enough to make it through in an hour or less. 8 or dusk was what it used to be. Did it change? Thanks.

·
Registered
236 Posts
No mention of hours for Mt Biking trails on their website, but I'm pretty sure its dawn to dusk, with no night riding.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Thinking about hitting up Nox for the first time this afternoon. Anyone know how the trails are or how much rain they got overnight? Don't wanna ride if too wet/muddy.

61 - 76 of 76 Posts