Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
It's about showing up.
12,738 Posts
Pretty nice loop

Nice preview. Roots slowed these guys down a lot; they didn't look like racers anymore. They showed one guy walking. I hope they can fly through those sections at some point when they finally get a feel for it.

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Benno said:
In 2.5 hours :) I am talking to a competitor on Messenger. Go Derek! :)
And I thought I was the only one who was awake.

Wish Derick luck. He has good form right now and can do well.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I've never found an cx race really very watchable, but the coverage on this race has got me hooked. The technical aspect of the course, the different camera angles, the graphics, and announcer work pretty well together. This is the kind of thing that might get people other than hardcore mtb'ers to watch.

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Shiva said:
I've never found an cx race really very watchable, but the coverage on this race has got me hooked. The technical aspect of the course, the different camera angles, the graphics, and announcer work pretty well together. This is the kind of thing that might get people other than hardcore mtb'ers to watch.
It is not bad. I would like to see a couple more cameras on the climbs (that is where the racing happens).

Man does Absalon look fast on the descents.

·
ups and downs
15,599 Posts
Catharine did very well coming from 51st to 6th, she had a really good start. Emily Batty pulled off a 10th place in a World Cup, and Marie-Helene Premont did pretty well for her first real ride on a bike this year going from 52nd to 14th, she was as high as 12th. But it's another World Cup race where the top 10 in the Elite Women's race is full of all sorts of surprises. This will be an interesting season to watch.

Kabush is up to 9th on lap 7.

The Freecaster.com coverage is much better than the streaming service the UCI used last year, hiccup and glitch free and decent quality picture.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts