Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In case this hasn't been posted yet...

Excerpted from hcor.net newspage:

The world we live in is a pretty screwed up place that's for sure. Riding is just another great way to leave all that BS and stress behind, and be free to have a great time. What happened yesterday afternoon in Prospect Park (NYC) to a fellow rider is f'd up beyond comparison, and what's really sad is that I am not even suprised.

Donelle, a NYC area local was stabbed yesterday afternoon by two punks trying to jack his Bike (Banshee). Word has it he was stabbed twice in the back, and still managed to get himself out of there with his bike. He was rushed to the hospital where surgery was performed to close his wounds and thankfully he is in stable condition. The police are looking for the two marks as we speak. To be honest, I hope one of Donnelle's boy's finds these scumbags and gives them some real justice before the courts decide what they want done. The story was on Eyewitness news last night, and in the papers. Hopefully this exposure helps find these two low lifes.

ABC local news link (very brief):
http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/news/WABC_072704_parkstabbing.html

·
Samsonite Tester
3,993 Posts
Some things never change. I bled for a Schwinn Stingray.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
That's unfortunate. I'm glad to hear he still has his bike. On the other hand he could have been killed over his bike. On the third hand hind sight is 20/20. I'm still glad he won.

·
Card Carrying Member
2,032 Posts
saw that over on hcor.net yesterday. Pretty f-ed up. I'm glad he kept his bike, but that's a hefty price to pay. Hope he heals quick and those two get what they deserve.

·
Cracker-magnon
1,153 Posts
He shoulda been ridin a fixie. Then he could have handed it over and watched as they got tossed when they tried to coast. Really sucks though that it had to happen. They were probably going to try to pawn it for crack money.

·
user-created
3,174 Posts
They can have my Banshee when they pry it from my cold, dead hands!

This kinda stuff happened alot back in Pittsburgh. Dudes hiding in the bushes, then jump out with crow bar or bat or something (thinking of a few specific examples). One guy I know [roadie] had his Serrota yanked out from under him and tossed off a bridge.

Out here, you'll get shot for tresspassing, but they'll leave the bike alone.

·
Registered
55 Posts
...Born and raised in Brooklyn, NY. I've never ridden Prospect Park based on stuff just like this. I don't forsee it anytime in the future either.

When you ride anything remotely expensive or even something that looks different, you're at risk of being targeted by some idiots (the "have-nots", wan'na be thugs and gansters, lo-lifes, etc.) who think that they should have it and will try to take it. Its a game to them, a small challenge. These kids out here want to be thugs and gangsters until the cops come knocking or somebody is ready to give them what they need. Pansies!! Its not like they were going to suddenly become serious riders. They just wanted to victimize someone.

I now ride a very head turning Enduro. So, Darnell Jones' story hit close to home in more than one way. I've "seen" people's thoughts already. Hopefully, I can continue with the success that I've had. When I leave my house with my bike, I have definite plans of returning with it. I was very sorry to hear about this incident but it made me realize again exactly what I'm riding. All I can say is that I'm glad he's recovering well and that he retained his bike. I hope they get caught or at least get the justice they deserve.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts