Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Keep rollin'
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my girlfriend was in town, so I requested a quick trim of my hair. She obliged.

Now usually I keep my hair fairly short, a "buzz" cut if you will, around 1'2" to 3/4" long, and she did a great job. She finished it off by going around my ears and trimming up my sideburns. She left to go back home and I went to go over a few spots that she didn't exactly get just right. I sit down, grab the clippers, and start touching things up. As I'm going at it, I am thinking, "Man, she missed more than I thought!" Then it hits me, FOCK!, these clippers don't have an attachment on em'! So now, for the next couple weeks, I'm stuck with this...

I guess it is nice and cool for the summer, but I really don't wanna have to explain this to A. my girlfriend who doesn't particularly care for the buzz look, let alone the shaved look. and B. everyone at work who just got done giving me the grand inquisition about how I broke my leg.

Bald and Beautiful baby!...iC...

Attachments

·
life is a barrel o'fun
2,502 Posts
I'm so envious

BOY do I wish I could shave off all my hair for the summer!! You guys don't have a clue how easy you got it.

This baldness is temporary. Slap on some sunscreen and you're set.

Steve, I do believe it's the MAN in this case who can't be trusted....sounds to me like the GF did it correctly.

·
Keep rollin'
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess it isn't really that bad. My entire high school days were spent completely bald. (I was rebelling, against what, I don't know. Teenage angst or something I reckon) So it's not a new feeling, just something I didn't want at the age of 24.

As for sunburn, that's happened a few times, back in the day. Isn't too comfortable. My girlfriend isn't gonna be happy.

...iC...

·
Loser
5,536 Posts
My wife did that to me - kinda

We bought some clippers to do the buzz cut for my son. It seemed so stupid to spend $15 every month to do something that easy. After I cut his hair the first time I convinced my wife she could do my hair and handed the clippers to her. I'm in sales, so I can't have a goofy hair cut, she's very nervous that she's going to mess it up. My wife is doing great, but the clippers are getting hot. I take them from her, me being the mechanical one and all :rolleyes:

I take off the guard (you can see where this one is going), oil it and hand it back to my wife (notice anything?). She continues on, going up my sideburns, when she's almost to the top of my head, my daughter screams - "THERE'S NO GUARD ON THE CLIPPERS!".

Sure enough, my wife had pretty much shaved a stripe up the side of my head. I threw on a hat and went to the hair place and they straightened it out, not quite to the extreme you went, but still way shorter than I normally go. People called me sarge for a week, but it grows back.

John

·
Banned
6,057 Posts
InnocentCriminal said:
So my girlfriend was in town, so I requested a quick trim of my hair. She obliged.

Now usually I keep my hair fairly short, a "buzz" cut if you will, around 1'2" to 3/4" long, and she did a great job. She finished it off by going around my ears and trimming up my sideburns. She left to go back home and I went to go over a few spots that she didn't exactly get just right. I sit down, grab the clippers, and start touching things up. As I'm going at it, I am thinking, "Man, she missed more than I thought!" Then it hits me, FOCK!, these clippers don't have an attachment on em'! So now, for the next couple weeks, I'm stuck with this...

I guess it is nice and cool for the summer, but I really don't wanna have to explain this to A. my girlfriend who doesn't particularly care for the buzz look, let alone the shaved look. and B. everyone at work who just got done giving me the grand inquisition about how I broke my leg.

Bald and Beautiful baby!...iC...
Aw, big deal! I keep mine buzzed down to about about 1 mm, and sometimes (read: last Friday) I shave it all off "just because" :D .

Of course, in my case it's not growing back - at least not all of it, which is why I keep it close to begin with... :rolleyes:

·
just along for the ride
3,033 Posts
I gave up on the wife doing the buzzzzs now its a DIY job, she hates it but my hair grow like a weed, buzz it every few weeks. My 6 year old thinks its cool having a brush rather than a mop for a lid, 1/2 inch just enough to keep the helmet from slipping round ;)

·
Two wheels are best
1,135 Posts
Mine as been getting shorter and shorter...

I used to have hair...a long time ago. Back in '99, I started getting it cut shorter. It's progressed to the point that for about the last year, I prefer to get a "no guard" buzz.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I can relate

I used to let my GF cut my hair before I perfected the skill of reverse mirror imaging. Well she was too drunk one night, so I got my buddy's GF. Thought she was good to go. NOT! Stoner took the guard off ON PURPOSE!!!. I had to take it all the way down to the wood on that one just to correct the damage.

Now I do it myself - sportin' a #1 cut once a week. You just c'aint trust them womerns.

·
Witty McWitterson
5,023 Posts
BFD! SO you don't have hair. Its temporary you know. Hair grows back. Its a pain in the ass, that's for sure. I gave up on my hair 8 years ago. Been shaving ever since. Yep all the way to the skin. Feels sooo good! Plus I've got a nice tan shine goin' on too. I don't get any odd looks or whatever for it either. Its just who I am. Of course it helps to have the right shaped head for it too.

·
Registered
218 Posts
This is an easy fix, get a sweet tat on ur head of ur favorite thing (biking,whatever) then let the hair grow back and as it naturaly falls out it will slowly reveal itself in all it's glory. It will add a little mystery as to who your are. when you have grandchildren.

·
Registered
255 Posts
We do the DIY haircut thing at home too.

We've been cutting our boys' hair since their first haircuts and my wife cuts mine. I now shave my head with the clippers every couple of weeks and am going to do it tonight when I get home. I'm starting to look like a mon chi chi doll. I don't know if I'll go back to growing my hair out. I'm liking the no frills, no muss thing about having a shaved head. With my boys' hair. I used to just use the clippers to cut the sides and back and then my wife would take over and cut the tops with the scissors. I eventually took over and now cut the boys hair myself (except for my 2 year old...he can cry up quite the storm when it's haircut time). My 7 year old has curly hair so we keep his a little bit longer. My 9 year old is now sporting a crew cut of sorts and my 6 year old is sporting a mohawk. Yup, a mohawk. Here he is in all his glory...

Attachments

·
Registered
255 Posts
My son begged us for his.

kitchenware said:
I've tried to talk my 6yo into a mohawk, but he's not having it. Maybe if I told him he couldn't have one he'd want one. :)
We caved in for the summer. His mohawk suits his personality. He's even got a shirt that reads "Here Comes Trouble!" He has one more month to keep the haircut then it's back to his regular spiked look when school starts up again.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
3 pro cuts in 15 years

The last haircut I paid for was back in 89, the day before starting my freshman year in highschool. After that, I had a variety of buzz-type cuts that my mom or GF would do for me. Then I quit cutting it and let my locks grow long and free. Eventually, they also grew all gnarly and dreaded so before I started graduate school I went to the barber/salon and cashed in the gift certificate that my step-dad gave me when I graduated high school. After that my GF (same one as before) went back to cutting my hair with clippers. She'd gotten quite good at it too - no guard, just clippers and a comb and I get spiffy 2 inch or so long cuts. A couple weeks ago she paid for me to go to a salon to have it cut for our wedding. The hairstylist said that she does a great job and that there's no need to pay for anymore hair cuts!

·
Registered
44 Posts
steve3 said:
Never, ever trust your woman with your hair.

(sucker)
Don't blame it on the chick, he did it himself! Although that is true...I just cut off a hunk of my SO's hair in his sleep....took him almost all day to notice....hehehe.

-skink

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.