Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... where can I get my racing fix in?

So I just started racing XC this year, doing 8 of the 9 CCCX races (Sport SS) and Sea Otter as well. And I'm HOOKED!

Now that the CCCX series is over, I'm wondering where I can get one or two more fun races in before SS Worlds (Aug 24).

I saw something on the Norcal MTB Calendar about the Howarth Park Dirt Crits, and those look really fun. Are they worth the 2 hour drive though?
How about the Lake Sonoma Race?
Fun? Good competition? Worth the drive?

Any other insight would be greatly appreciated :)

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Lake Sonoma would be perfect for ya coldawg...have to use some skills there...and its fun to line up with the Pro/Experts...thata where they place the SS, and you do the same number of laps as the Pros...that would give you some idea to reference your progress...it's a hell of a trail...rocks, twisty's, whew hills, and fast...hot as heck too...worth the drive...or fly back east here and do some "wild" mountain bike racing...Nationals in Vermont in 3 weeks...you qualified at Sea Otter...and man Mt Snow is the ultimate of mountain biking...would test ALL your skills...
Conrats on your #1 overall this year!!!

Ed

·
formerly Gobike69
346 Posts
Sonoma is the Place

CableGuy46 is right. If you liked Ron/Kieth and the gang at CCCX you'll love Lake Sonoma. It's like Fort Ord with an edge. Bring your "A" game and have fun. BTW, congrats on killing them at CCCX! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cableguy46 said:
Lake Sonoma would be perfect for ya coldawg...have to use some skills there...and its fun to line up with the Pro/Experts...thata where they place the SS, and you do the same number of laps as the Pros...that would give you some idea to reference your progress...it's a hell of a trail...rocks, twisty's, whew hills, and fast...hot as heck too...worth the drive...or fly back east here and do some "wild" mountain bike racing...Nationals in Vermont in 3 weeks...you qualified at Sea Otter...and man Mt Snow is the ultimate of mountain biking...would test ALL your skills...
Conrats on your #1 overall this year!!!

Ed
Thanks for the info Ed! Sounds like a great race!

How is it being back home? Missed seeing ya at the last few CCCXs

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
It's been great being back home...had to get back in the swing with all the "technical" races...did a 50 miler that beat the crap out of me..miles, and miles of rock...truly tested the suspension and my back...wet slippery tree roots are what scare the heck out of ya though...humidity has really caused alot of weight loss via sweating profusly...

Yeah I miss the CCCX too...I looked at the final results, and dreamed where I might have finished had I raced the last 3.."coulda been a contender"..:)
Good job there!!!!

Ed

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.