Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
~I Ride In Circles ~
1,629 Posts
Yeah... I'll second you on that interesting topic. I don't really see what the benefits of that design would be but hey.. maybe it works great!? I'm guessing the shock will pivot with the swing arm and eventually be parrallel to it.. well if it was able to move that much... Looks like it could have about 6inches or so travel... Hmm.. I'd be interested to see the full specs.

·
Registered
491 Posts
wtf?

Unwritten said:
It's BeOne's 'Chakra' all-mountain bike. I can hardly find any details about this bike, or its geometry.
While I haven't tested the bike myself, I have my doubts that this is a good suspension design.
What are your thoughts? Discuss.

For a larger image, click here.
That thing is an aesthic clusterf*#k!! The folks at Ibis need to help these guys out, honestly. That is about as bad as some rocky mountain designs!

·
fraid of heights
2,379 Posts
that's called getting good suspension without having to pay anyone to use their patent or getting sued for infringing on a previous design...

But yeah, it's a frame only a mother could love... :)

·
never ender
1,314 Posts
Good God, that's ugly. It's definitely the same linkage design as the Giant VT, only with an uninterrupted seat tube. The swingarm must be pretty goofy looking too to give enough clearance. I think the point is to give a better suspension rate than an ordinary single pivot, so it's probably plush, but I'll bet it's flexy as hell. I'm trying to imagine what one would look like after a day in Hawaiian mud...and it ain't pretty.

What's really funny is that since they're a European company, they have access to the Horst/FSR design...check out the "marathon" bikes on their website. But instead of using it for their all mountain and freeride bikes, they decided to go with this bizarro single pivot.

·
Registered
6,294 Posts
Well, they might not want to use that funky single pivot so that they can sell them in the US. However, they could have accomplished more or less the same thing with a non HL four bar, and if the VTs are any indication, that linkage eats bushings and bearings like crazy.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.