Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
2006 Yeti AS-X
3,217 Posts
jeffgothro said:
Yeah...untill you got your first atari-64 ...lol

That's what ruined everything for me for a loooong time. That machine turned me into a video game junkie! :D hard to tell what life would have been like if my dad never bought us the Atari.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Early 70s my buddy & I jumped ramp to ramp, like Evil Kneviel. Eventually took my grandmas 68 Ford Falcon and lined the ramps up and jumped it. Lookin back that was flippin crazy. MAN, those were the days. Sounds like we all had the same idea for fun. And like jeff-13 we built our bikes up using old bike parts.

·
Rabid Lana Fan
9,264 Posts
That little kid in the video, riding the indoor park, is pretty effin rad.

I gotta wonder, though, if that's his bike or did he borrow it from huckin' kitty.

·
hehe ...you said "member"
1,121 Posts
net wurker said:
I gotta wonder, though, if that's his bike or did he borrow it from huckin' kitty.
lol :D

I remember back in the 70's at our local bike track (aka construction site) this one kid hit a jump on his Huffy. His front wheel dropped out of the fork in mid-air and he planted it on the landing - awesome wreck, but the kid was kind of hurt. The local superstar BMX teenager ruined the kid who wrecked by quipping "that's what you get for buying a Huffy" as he rode of with his friends on their RedLines w/ alloy rims and matching colored spokes.
The poor Huffy kid never came back to the track for the rest of the summer. In fact, he was known as "Huffy Kid" well into junior high.

·
Registered
16 Posts
jeffgothro said:
Yeah...untill you got your first atari-64 ...lol

I remember walking in to National Bookstore in the Philippines with my dad and bro and accidentally happened by this Atari console. My dad just bought the thing without asking us after I slaughtered my big bro in pong.

Why the negative comments on the kid? Is it just falme bait?

·
Registered
31 Posts
How did we make it through those days??

Great video, that and the posts brought back great memories. Makes we wonder how we all made it through...going large on junk bikes wearing nothing but shorts and sneakers. I'm sure we all have some scars to go with our memories (Like the Huffy Kid...LOL) Sometime I miss the old Stingrays with the banana seats and ape hangers.

I think that is one of the reasons I still ride, it's all about the freedom and the passion.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts