Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Novato ranger danger

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Ktom300 
#1 · (Edited)
I’m glad there is funding for rangers to patrol public open space and enforce whatever mcosd dictates.

#6 ·
In related news, census data study released today by UC Berkeley Othering and Belonging Institute (emphasis and italicized addition mine):
We knew Marin was the most segregated county, but we didn’t expect it to get worse,” said Stephen Menendian, assistant director of the institute and one of the researchers who analyzed the data. “I think it’s basically because Marin is a super white county that has an extremely Black community and an extremely Hispanic community. It is extremely exclusionary when it comes to development. Those green space preservation laws, anti-development, high-exclusionary zoning — it concentrates the nonwhite people in a handful of census tracts. What would help is legalizing more singletrack, which would spread white people out more, potentially desegregating these areas, albeit only 2 to 4 hours at a time. To bike is to 💕.”

#7 ·
In Costa Rica there are men who watch over parked cars. When you leave the store or restaurant and your car is intact you give the guy a dollar or two. They are happy and I am happy. Anywhere in the United States regardless of the situation, if your car is broken into by anyone it is your problem.

Who really wants to pay some guy $20 and hour to watch the parking area in case someone shows up and breaks into one of the cars? And to suggest that the park service or other LEO should be sitting around and monitoring parked cars is truely being simple minded. Fortunately in California the simple minded folk are still in the minority with many having migrated to red states like lemmings running to a cliff.

#8 ·
In Costa Rica there are men who watch over parked cars. When you leave the store or restaurant and your car is intact you give the guy a dollar or two. They are happy and I am happy. Anywhere in the United States regardless of the situation, if your car is broken into by anyone it is your problem.

Who really wants to pay some guy $20 and hour to watch the parking area in case someone shows up and breaks into one of the cars? And to suggest that the park service or other LEO should be sitting around and monitoring parked cars is truely being simple minded. Fortunately in California the simple minded folk are still in the minority with many having migrated to red states like lemmings running to a cliff.
Wow, so anyone who doesn't want their car broken into is simple minded. And people who leave CA are lemmings running off a cliff.
That's a pretty high horse, maybe not enough oxygen up there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.